Router reset

Old January 13th 06, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alfred

Default Router reset

Hi, we just got a ADSL Modem Router(ADE-4410 from PLANET). Is there any
way to automate resetting the router? At the moment you controll the
router through a web browser manually.

Old January 13th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

On Linksys ones there's a recessed button at back; press for 10 seconds

Old January 13th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alfred

I want to automate the reset process

Old January 13th 06, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

"Alfred" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to automate the reset process

For what reason....just curious!

Old January 13th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Blessing

Alfred wrote:
I want to automate the reset process

Timer switch?

Old January 13th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor

Alfred wrote:
I want to automate the reset process

Do you meant reset (reset to factory settings) or reboot/restart.
This is what's confusing people.
Old January 13th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Alfred" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, we just got a ADSL Modem Router(ADE-4410 from PLANET). Is there any
way to automate resetting the router? At the moment you controll the
router through a web browser manually.

Perhaps you could give us the reason you want to do this.

If your router is unattended and keeps locking up, then James's suggestion
of a time switch interrupting the

power at intervals is a good one, and one I have used myself in a similar
situation in the past.

Or of course you could replace it with a decent router!

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you are asking (you don't give us a lot to
go on)

Maybe you want some sort of an HTML or Telnet Macro to automatically
reconfigre some parameters

rather than reset the hardware. ???

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old January 14th 06, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On 13 Jan 2006 00:15:44 -0800, in uk.telecom.broadband , "Alfred"
wrote:

Hi, we just got a ADSL Modem Router(ADE-4410 from PLANET). Is there any
way to automate resetting the router? At the moment you controll the
router through a web browser manually.

Do you mean reboot it? (reset would typically mean "restore the
configuration to the factory default settings" and that'd be an odd
thing to want to automate).

Anyway, you could write some ASP to simulate pressing whichever button
it is on the webpage does the reboot?

Mark McIntyre
Old January 16th 06, 08:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alfred

Sorry, made a mistake... Restart the rooter. There is a button on the
webpage(provided for modem control) to do this.