ADSL filter failure

Old January 13th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default ADSL filter failure

I have just had an ADSL service failure, solved by replacing the
filter, so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone gets similar
symptoms.

The symptom of the failure was that the broadband link kept dropping
out; I could watch it happen on the router control panel. Oddly, if I
took the phone Off-Hook, the link came back and then dropped out again
after I hung up. Voice telephony service was unaffected.

I asked BT to run a (voice) line test - they did and the line was OK.
I then asked my ISP to get BT to do the other line test - they did and
that was OK too. The BT call agent mentioned that it was probably the
filter - apparently, just like any other piece of electronics, they can
go phut at any time - mine had been in service for just over 2 years.

I replaced my filter and the broadband link is up again.

Hope others find this useful.

Nick

www.recordmycall.co.uk