Freedom To Surf - Does Anyone Have 8MB Connections?

Old January 14th 06, 10:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

Default Freedom To Surf - Does Anyone Have 8MB Connections?

Just wondered, if not the current website advertising seems to be a huge
CON!

--
huLLy
Tel: 07976 123278

Old January 14th 06, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nokky

huLLy wrote...
Just wondered, if not the current website advertising seems to be a huge
CON!

Yeah, I'm on it, and it worked well until about a month ago.
Today the connection has been ****e - pages timing out and email
nigh on impossible to collect. I'm currently downloading a 2.8MB
file at 0.7KB/s, but miraculously the 2MB test2.zip from F2S
downloaded at 103.1KB/s. I've been a happy F2S customer for over
two years. Now Pipex have bought it and within a month it's turned
to ****. I'll be on the phone first thing Monday morning asking
for a MAC code.

Plenty of grumbling about F2S here http://www.freedom2support.net/

--
Help rid the world of MP3s that sound horrible!
http://www.bestmp3guide.com
Old January 15th 06, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nokky

guv wrote...
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:48:59 -0000, nokky wrote:

huLLy wrote...
Just wondered, if not the current website advertising seems to be a huge
CON!

Yeah, I'm on it, and it worked well until about a month ago.

Ditto.

Today the connection has been ****e - pages timing out and email
nigh on impossible to collect. I'm currently downloading a 2.8MB
file at 0.7KB/s, but miraculously the 2MB test2.zip from F2S
downloaded at 103.1KB/s. I've been a happy F2S customer for over
two years. Now Pipex have bought it and within a month it's turned
to ****. I'll be on the phone first thing Monday morning asking
for a MAC code.

I unfortunately only joined in August - so would have to pay 49 for
the migration fee IN if I terminated.

My connection has been so bad today that if I had to cough up 49
quid to get away, I would. I resent paying 25 quid a month for
broadband that a dial-up connection puts to shame when F2S feels
like ****ing me about.

Also - they are reported as not giving MACs. And wouldnt be much good
if they did!

I gather a couple of lucky sods have escaped the F2S LLU clutches,
so I'm in with a small chance :-)

Old January 15th 06, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
chappycheeky

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:56:42 +0000, guv wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...fa20b820e64db2

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...4a1116c9f609d3

Also - they are reported as not giving MACs. And wouldnt be much good
if they did!

I gather a couple of lucky sods have escaped the F2S LLU clutches,
so I'm in with a small chance :-)

In F2support people have said they have stated they no longer will do
this.

I've just done a speed test and got this:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...a4f423b3d21766

and that while I'm doing a download at 1mbps.

Don
Old January 16th 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nokky

guv wrote...
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:19:44 -0000, nokky wrote:

Today the connection has been ****e - pages timing out and email
nigh on impossible to collect. I'm currently downloading a 2.8MB
file at 0.7KB/s, but miraculously the 2MB test2.zip from F2S
downloaded at 103.1KB/s. I've been a happy F2S customer for over
two years. Now Pipex have bought it and within a month it's turned
to ****. I'll be on the phone first thing Monday morning asking
for a MAC code.

I unfortunately only joined in August - so would have to pay 49 for
the migration fee IN if I terminated.

My connection has been so bad today that if I had to cough up 49
quid to get away, I would. I resent paying 25 quid a month for
broadband that a dial-up connection puts to shame when F2S feels
like ****ing me about.

At times mine has gone up to 2MB - but mostlt its been below what I
would expect from a 512K connection.

These are 2 speed test results which show its less than a 1 MB
connection. Hardly 8 MB eh!

No, it isn't.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...fa20b820e64db2

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...4a1116c9f609d3

Also - they are reported as not giving MACs. And wouldnt be much good
if they did!

I gather a couple of lucky sods have escaped the F2S LLU clutches,
so I'm in with a small chance :-)

In F2support people have said they have stated they no longer will do
this.

I tried this morning, and was refused a code. I've asked for a
call back from a manager.

Old January 16th 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nokky

chappycheeky wrote...
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:56:42 +0000, guv wrote:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...fa20b820e64db2

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...4a1116c9f609d3

Also - they are reported as not giving MACs. And wouldnt be much good
if they did!

I gather a couple of lucky sods have escaped the F2S LLU clutches,
so I'm in with a small chance :-)

In F2support people have said they have stated they no longer will do
this.

I've just done a speed test and got this:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/sp...a4f423b3d21766

and that while I'm doing a download at 1mbps.

Don

Good for you. You're not on LLU are you?
There was someone on the F2support forums who has "Rock Solid"
speeds and an Astranews account. This person kept saying if you
aren't happy with F2S you should leave. I'd like to leave, but
they won't give me a MAC. Was that person on the support forum you
by any chance?