fsnet - email & broadband

Old January 15th 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

Default fsnet - email & broadband

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:40:42 GMT, M wrote:

Assume that they are on a pay as you go dialup, so if they migrate to
Wanadoo bb, can they retain this email address? And what if they
migrate to another bb - can you access Wanadoo email servers from other
ISP's?

yes, you can collect the email from Wanadoo and use the new ISP's SMTP
server to send mail.

Phil

Old January 16th 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

The OP was talking of moving to another ISP, in which case he would need

to.
Not every ISP is like this I can still send and recieve mail from my tesco
account but I haven't dialled into that for years.

T&C say you have to dial in every 3 months but you don't, when it stops
working go to their home page and retrieve account (don't install just
download the file) I have been doing this for years.

As for sending using the account I know people say you can but I have never
got it to work here, so could someone explain in some depth how to do it.

Old January 16th 06, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

As for sending using the account I know people say you can but I have

never
got it to work here, so could someone explain in some depth how to do it.

Well blow me down, after I have tried this many many times I have now got it
to work.