Which Broadband package

Old January 15th 06, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ellsworth

Default Which Broadband package

Hi all I have just cancelled my broadband with Tesco cos it was crap and
had decided to move over to Wanadoo but know i have found this forum i
am having second thoughts.What i was wondering can any of you guys
recommend who i should move to.Some people are telling me Plusnet some
Tiscalli some BT some Wanadoo, so i have'nt got a clue which one to go
to now.I'm thinking of a 2mb speed one for under 20 a month and i was
hoping for unlimited downloads.These are'nt essential if you think
theres a better deal out there.
Cheers

--
Ellsworth
Old January 15th 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

Ellsworth wrote:
Hi all I have just cancelled my broadband with Tesco cos it was crap
and had decided to move over to Wanadoo but know i have found this
forum i am having second thoughts.What i was wondering can any of you
guys recommend who i should move to.Some people are telling me
Plusnet some Tiscalli some BT some Wanadoo, so i have'nt got a clue
which one to go to now.I'm thinking of a 2mb speed one for under 20
a month and i was hoping for unlimited downloads.These are'nt
essential if you think theres a better deal out there.
Cheers

AOL for fast, unlimited downloads.

--
huLLy
Tel: 07976 123278

Old January 15th 06, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:48:32 GMT, "www.AIRSIDE-PICTURE.CO.UK"
wrote:

but not the cheapest is it....

the OP didn't ask for the cheapest :-)

2 Mbits/s without explicit limits or traffic shaping / FUP for
downloads ?

Demon Home2000 19.99 - 12 month contract.

Phil

Old January 16th 06, 12:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
if

Ellsworth wrote in
:

Hi all I have just cancelled my broadband with Tesco cos it was crap and
had decided to move over to Wanadoo but know i have found this forum i
am having second thoughts.What i was wondering can any of you guys
recommend who i should move to.

It rather depends on what you thought was crap about Tesco.

--
See other side for details.
Old January 16th 06, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ellsworth

if Wrote:
Ellsworth wrote in
:

Hi all I have just cancelled my broadband with Tesco cos it was crap
and
had decided to move over to Wanadoo but know i have found this forum
am having second thoughts.What i was wondering can any of you guys
recommend who i should move to.

It rather depends on what you thought was crap about Tesco.

--
See other side for details.

I'll tell you what was crap for me with Tesco.The biggest problem i had
was slow speeds,even when clicking onto a new web page it would take up
to 3 minutes sometimes for the page to come up,ok i was only on the 576
but it shuold'nt be like that.There were times when it was ok but most
of the time it was pretty slow.Every time i tried to contact them to
try and sort it they promised me a phone call back off someone that
could help never happened,told me if i left them before my 12 month
contract was up i would get charged 80.Cost me a fortune in the end on
phone calls.Told me it could be my pc cos it was old so i bought a new
one still the same told me to change all my filters i did still the
same so in the end i got so fed up and told them where to stick their
broadband.It's finishing on the 18th so i got till then to decide where
to go but i'm still unsure of where to go.I quite fancy the Wanadoo one
a couple of my friends have it and it seems ok for them.

--
Ellsworth
Old January 16th 06, 08:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
if

Ellsworth wrote in
:

if Wrote:

It rather depends on what you thought was crap about Tesco.

I'll tell you what was crap for me with Tesco.The biggest problem i had
was slow speeds,even when clicking onto a new web page it would take up
to 3 minutes sometimes for the page to come up,ok i was only on the 576
but it shuold'nt be like that.There were times when it was ok but most
of the time it was pretty slow.

I would avoid Plusnet then as their 'traffic shaping' experiments (really
protocol throttling) have caused many people no end of grief with things
grinding to a halt, I ended up leaving them because of that. It cost me 58
repaying the initial adsl connection setup charge though, which is probably
what Tesco are wanting to claw back (the migration code did save me a 40
initial connection charge on the new account though, so the actual amount I
lost out by was 18 in the end). ISPs often seem to blame slow speeds on
the user when it's their own overloaded networks that are the problem,
ultimately it looks like all the 15/month accounts are just too good to be
true, you need to shell out a bit more to get a decent throughput.

--
See other side for details.
Old January 18th 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.AIRSIDE-PICTURE.CO.UK

just out of curiosity........ you werent downloading something in the
background were you?

or did you have a anti virus program installed too and have it updaterd
every week........ the reason i asked is that if your computer been hacked
it could be zapping your assingined bandwidth.

"Ellsworth" wrote in message

if Wrote:
Ellsworth wrote in
: