Blueyonder / PCGuard

Old January 15th 06, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Default Blueyonder / PCGuard

Just a quickie - I was at a friends' house, and found he had this
installed (he's actually quite good on the subject of security
normally, has several machines, with this on one as an experiment...)

Just thought it might be worth mentioning its prone to false positives
(as checked with Sysclean from Trend, with the latest virus sigs) -
and i`m also a little dubious about its detection generally.

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Old January 16th 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:41:30 -0000, Colin Wilson
wrote:

Just a quickie - I was at a friends' house, and found he had this
installed (he's actually quite good on the subject of security
normally, has several machines, with this on one as an experiment...)

Just thought it might be worth mentioning its prone to false positives
(as checked with Sysclean from Trend, with the latest virus sigs) -
and i`m also a little dubious about its detection generally.

Hi Colin

I'd be interested in knowing more detail on any of these issues. If
you can ask your friend to report it to the BY technical support team
they can get it raised for further investigation.

Thanks

Alex

--

Alex Brown
blueyonder Product Manager
Old January 16th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Alex Brown wrote:

I'd be interested in knowing more detail on any of these issues. If
you can ask your friend to report it to the BY technical support team
they can get it raised for further investigation.

Meanwhile; mine's black with no sugar. Ta.
Old January 16th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Just thought it might be worth mentioning its prone to false positives
(as checked with Sysclean from Trend, with the latest virus sigs) -
and i`m also a little dubious about its detection generally.

I'd be interested in knowing more detail on any of these issues. If
you can ask your friend to report it to the BY technical support team
they can get it raised for further investigation.

Cheers Alex - i`ll have a word with him, sadly its now been removed
from his system, and I can`t remember which specific file it said was
infected - although ISTR he had another issue with it as well...