Modem use on BT broadband line.

Old January 15th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jturner1990

Default Modem use on BT broadband line.

Hello,

I want to know if it is possible that my 56k dialup modem can be still
used over a BT phone-line that has BT broadband (i.e., a telephone line
with BT's microfilter attached but obviously using the voice line not
the broadband modem part of the line)?

Thanks,
Jason

Old January 15th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jturner1990

Blimey that was quick! Thanks Jono.

Without offending you, how sure are you about this?

Thanks,
Jason

Old January 15th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jturner1990

Thanks Adrian.

Old January 15th 06, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jturner1990

Thanks Martin, I appreciate your response.
Jason

Old January 15th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

:

jturner1990 wrote:
Hello,

I want to know if it is possible that my 56k dialup modem can be still
used over a BT phone-line that has BT broadband (i.e., a telephone
line with BT's microfilter attached but obviously using the voice
line not the broadband modem part of the line)?

Thanks,
Jason

Yes, it can.

And it can be used at the same time - you can have 2 simultaneous internet
connections.

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,
Old January 15th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh jturner1990:
Blimey that was quick! Thanks Jono.

Without offending you, how sure are you about this?

Thanks,
Jason

Because dial-up modems, fax machines and Sky digiboxes uses the voice side of
the phone line, unlike broadband, and why all those should be plugged into the
filtered side (phone side) of the filter.

Old January 15th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

jturner1990 wrote:
Thanks Adrian.

Without offending you, how sure are you about this?

Thanks,
Jason

Because I, and many others have done it.