Nildram - Any good?

Old January 15th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Default Nildram - Any good?

Are Nildram any good? They have a 50GB peak hour usuage which is absolutely
ample but do they use traffic management?

Cheers

Dan

Old January 15th 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"Daniel" wrote in message
Are Nildram any good? They have a 50GB peak hour usuage which is
absolutely ample but do they use traffic management?

Cheers

Dan

Dont know about traffic management? We found them excellent, especially the
2mb home package (tried the business package and its slower in my area). We
had them before the cap so we got ~200gb/month of really good service

Old January 15th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

Gutz wrote:
"Daniel" wrote in message
Are Nildram any good? They have a 50GB peak hour usuage which is
absolutely ample but do they use traffic management?

Cheers

Dan

Dont know about traffic management? We found them excellent, especially the
2mb home package (tried the business package and its slower in my area). We
had them before the cap so we got ~200gb/month of really good service

I've had good experience with them also on the 2Mb package. Nice human
touch if you phone up support with people who know what they are talking
about.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old January 15th 06, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Parry

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:52:32 -0000, "Daniel"
wrote:

Are Nildram any good?

They used to have a good reputation but I know of two users around
here and another in a totally different part of the country who have
recently abandoned them because of decreasing reliability, poor
customer support and an apparent lack of interest in dealing with
problems from them. Whether this is unusual or indicative of a
change in direction from them I don't know.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Old January 16th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

Cheers for the feedback. Are there any good ISP's left!?

Dan

Old January 16th 06, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Raven

wrote:

Are Nildram any good?

They used to have a good reputation but I know of two users around
here and another in a totally different part of the country who have
recently abandoned them because of decreasing reliability, poor
customer support and an apparent lack of interest in dealing with
problems from them. Whether this is unusual or indicative of a
change in direction from them I don't know.

They were taken over by Pipex about a year ago but they seem to have
maintained their service when I have had to deal with them since.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old January 16th 06, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumps

Daniel wrote:
Are Nildram any good? They have a 50GB peak hour usuage which is
absolutely ample but do they use traffic management?

As has already been mentioned, they are now a part of the Pipex group, but
the quality still seems to remain.
I have been with them for over 3 years and cannot cite one case where they
have let me down.
Zen would've been my alternative choice; I've no idea what they're like now
though.

Old January 16th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SteveB

I had a bad phone line causing dropouts and Nildram were helpful recently
sorting it out. Any problems with speeds are often exchange congestion
these days with so many (most ISPs, not just Nildram) users on 2Mb.