ISP Choice: Newnet, NDO, Virgin, or Prodigy?

Old January 15th 06, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsWD

Default ISP Choice: Newnet, NDO, Virgin, or Prodigy?

Well which would be the best option? Going for 2MB connection on
migration, I use 2-3GB a month, and don't use anything fancy such as P2P or
gaming :-) I'm happy with their pricing options etc so looking at quality
of service and facilities more than anything else.

I need at a minimum:
Reliable 24 hour service
Consistent Speeds
Good News service (inc legal binaries)
At least one POP3
No bandwidth throttling

ADSLGuide compare only goes up to October, so would be grateful for
feedback on the above, especially consistency of service and NNTP News, as
the information is patchy on the ISPs' sites.

Many thanks!