Blue Yonder Wireless Network Problem.

Old January 16th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel

Default Blue Yonder Wireless Network Problem.

Hi all,
My Uncle has a Blue Yonder / Netgear MR814v2TW which is all working fine
with his laptop, but I wish to add a Wireless Printer Server in to the
network. I understand from trying to set it up and subsequently reading
information on the internet that the Netgear unit has been fixed to only
accept one device.
What is my best way forward, buy a replacement unit for the Netgear (if so,
what would you recommend) or get my Uncle to get in touch with Blue Yonder
about supplying a suitable item, or forget the whole idea?

All sensible suggestion would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Nigel Page

CompTIA A+ Certified Professional

Microsoft Certified Professional (70-270)

Old January 17th 06, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Nigel" wrote in message
Hi all,
My Uncle has a Blue Yonder / Netgear MR814v2TW which is all working fine
with his laptop, but I wish to add a Wireless Printer Server in to the
network. I understand from trying to set it up and subsequently reading
information on the internet that the Netgear unit has been fixed to only
accept one device.
What is my best way forward, buy a replacement unit for the Netgear (if

so,
what would you recommend) or get my Uncle to get in touch with Blue Yonder
about supplying a suitable item, or forget the whole idea?

All sensible suggestion would be gratefully appreciated.

Having had a quick look at the forums suggested by Google, it appears that
model has been "crippled" either by Netgear or BY tp provide only access to
one pc. Other reports also suggest that no-one seems to have found a way to
un-cripple it. You would be better off buying a new router, Linksys, Dlink &
Netgear all do various models for the Cable/DSL/Wireless market.
A new router would probably set you back around 40-100, depending on model
and facilities required.

P.

Old January 17th 06, 09:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

PJB wrote:

Having had a quick look at the forums suggested by Google, it appears that
model has been "crippled" either by Netgear or BY tp provide only access to
one pc.

Blue(nanny)yonder at work again.
Old January 17th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Silk wrote:

PJB wrote:

Having had a quick look at the forums suggested by Google, it appears
that model has been "crippled" either by Netgear or BY tp provide only
access to one pc.

Blue(nanny)yonder at work again.

Would you care to provide any other examples of Blueyonder's 'nannying'?

alexd

Old January 17th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

alexd wrote:

Would you care to provide any other examples of Blueyonder's 'nannying'?

No.