Changing Package

Old January 17th 06, 02:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ellsworth

Default Changing Package

If you change your broadband supplier obviously you get a new e mail
address,is there any way you can still log on to sites you have an
acount with and enable them to recognise its you although you have a
different address.
If there is please don't be too technical with your answer i'm no
whizkid

--
Ellsworth
Old January 17th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"Ellsworth" wrote in message

If you change your broadband supplier obviously you get a new e mail
address,is there any way you can still log on to sites you have an
acount with and enable them to recognise its you although you have a
different address.
If there is please don't be too technical with your answer i'm no
whizkid

--
Ellsworth

You need to be a lot more specific. What sites are you logging on to?

Old January 17th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Ellsworth wrote:
If you change your broadband supplier obviously you get a new e mail
address,is there any way you can still log on to sites you have an
acount with and enable them to recognise its you although you have a
different address.
If there is please don't be too technical with your answer i'm no
whizkid

Most useful sites will allow you to login & change your details as
they want to keep you on their books (& possibly your business). I did
it once around 18 months ago & it's starting to look like I'm going to
have to again soon...

Old January 17th 06, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ellsworth:
If you change your broadband supplier obviously you get a new e mail
address,is there any way you can still log on to sites you have an
acount with and enable them to recognise its you although you have a
different address.
If there is please don't be too technical with your answer i'm no
whizkid

You should still be able to log onto those websites using your old email
address, as they just cross reference the details you enter with ones you gave
then when you registered, then once you log on you update the website giving
them your new contact details, the same as you would if you had used your
telephone number and then changed numbers.

This may be the opportunity for you to get a domain name for around 2.18 a
year, so you can keep an email address no matter where you move your internet
connection too, or use Gmail (though not one I really like myself).

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
http://www.south-east-birmingham.tk

Old January 18th 06, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bryan

"Ellsworth" wrote in message

If you change your broadband supplier obviously you get a new e mail
address,is there any way you can still log on to sites you have an
acount with and enable them to recognise its you although you have a
different address.
If there is please don't be too technical with your answer i'm no
whizkid

I have heard that you can contact your old ISP and arrange to have any mail
to your old email address forwarded by paying a small fee. A friend of mine
got this done by paying 10 for lifetime forwarding I believe but each
company may be different. You can also get an address like a Google mail
address which is free and doesn't change when you change ISP. Google also
gives you over a Gb of storage as well, which is very useful. HTH.