F2S down the pan

Old January 17th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen \(aka steford\)

Default F2S down the pan

I know they are doing this traffic shaping experiment thing and my 1 or 2
torrents are running very slowly (looks like they sped up last night between
1am and 6am which is fair enough) but my web browsing is also crawling at
the moment and has been for the last 3 nights - last night so bad I had to
switch off as it was useless.

Is everyone experiencing this? Getting my MAC anyway incase it doesn't
improve (8Mb UKOnline any better?)

Really dissapointed with F2S after 5 months of excellent service.

Old January 18th 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen \(aka steford\)

Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
I know they are doing this traffic shaping experiment thing and my 1
or 2 torrents are running very slowly (looks like they sped up last
night between 1am and 6am which is fair enough) but my web browsing
is also crawling at the moment and has been for the last 3 nights -
last night so bad I had to switch off as it was useless.

Is everyone experiencing this? Getting my MAC anyway incase it doesn't
improve (8Mb UKOnline any better?)

Really dissapointed with F2S after 5 months of excellent service.

Downstream 396 Kbps (49.5 KB/sec) 427 Kbps (inc. overheads)

So poor.

Old January 18th 06, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nokky

Stephen (aka steford)
wrote...
Stephen (aka steford) wrote:
I know they are doing this traffic shaping experiment thing and my 1
or 2 torrents are running very slowly (looks like they sped up last
night between 1am and 6am which is fair enough) but my web browsing
is also crawling at the moment and has been for the last 3 nights -
last night so bad I had to switch off as it was useless.

Is everyone experiencing this? Getting my MAC anyway incase it doesn't
improve (8Mb UKOnline any better?)

You're not alone. Read the broadband forums here
http://www.freedom2support.net
BTW, if you are on the 8meg LLU you'll be very lucky to get a MAC
number from Freedom2Surf. You may have to cease and reprovide.

Really dissapointed with F2S after 5 months of excellent service.

Downstream 396 Kbps (49.5 KB/sec) 427 Kbps (inc. overheads)

They've admitted on the forum to shaping P2P traffic. Nothing on
their official website tho.

So poor.

--
Help rid the world of MP3s that sound horrible!
http://www.bestmp3guide.com