OT? - BT Answer

Old January 18th 06, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ono Nottim

Default OT? - BT Answer

Hi All
Had a quick for a more relevant NG but found nothing so I hope you'll excuse
this off topic question.
Would anyone know how to get a "best" quality recording of a message on the
BT answer system, please. Nothing sinister, just that it was recently my
birthday and our Grandchildren rand and sang "Happy Birthday" it was
delightful, but BT can't offer a burn it to CD service or the like - Any
ideas, please?
Much appreciate any help.
Thanks
O. N.

Old January 19th 06, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Any ideas, please?
Much appreciate any help.

About all I can think of is either...

a) Maplins sell a suction cup microphone you stick on the receiver,
you might be able to sample from that

b) I wonder if its possible to get a modem to dial the answerphone and
sample the recording that way - never heard of anything capable of it,
but you never know...

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Old January 19th 06, 06:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ono Nottim

Many thanks Colin
I'll give Maplin a try.
O.N.

Old January 19th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Molesworth

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 00:09:28 -0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

a) Maplins sell a suction cup microphone you stick on the receiver,
you might be able to sample from that

Do they still sell these? I'm sure it wouldn't work with a modern
phone.

Best bet is to dial into the service using an answering machine that
can record a 2-way conversation.

--
Nigel M
Old January 19th 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Any ideas, please?
Much appreciate any help.

About all I can think of is either...

a) Maplins sell a suction cup microphone you stick on the receiver,
you might be able to sample from that

b) I wonder if its possible to get a modem to dial the answerphone and
sample the recording that way - never heard of anything capable of it,
but you never know...

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****

Using a modem to dial in might be possible. I have BT Ansa 1571 plus
(whatever it's called) where you can get faxes as well and managed to dial
up with a modem (for use with WinFax) and got the 'press button' prompts etc
Also dialled up with BT Communicator before to check messages (there is a
voicemail button on BT Communicator to do this)