Difference between MF and MV firmware for Zyxel2602HW?

Old January 19th 06, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Difference between MF and MV firmware for Zyxel2602HW?

I have tried to get sense out of Zyxel support about this but,
although they're generally quite helpful they don't seem to be very
forthcoming about this.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the firmware with MF
in it name and the firmware with MV in its name? It depends how you
navigate the www.zyxel.co.uk site which software you get to.

If you click on 'Downloads' from the top page you get to the following
firmwa-

P-2602HWL-61C_V3.40(MV.4)C0_Standard.zip
P-2602HWL-61C_V3.40(MV.3)C0_Standard.zip
P-2602HWL-61C_V3.40(MV.1)C0_Standard.zip
P-2602HWL-61C_V3.40(MV.0)C0_Standard.zip

If on the other hand you take other routes (e.g. via Support/Products)
you can find these:-

P2602HW-61_V3.40(MF.2)C0_Standard.zip
P2602HW-61_V3.40(MF.1)C0_Standard.zip
P2602HW-61_V3.40(MF.0)C0_Standard.zip

It would appear this has something to do with the slightly different
model numbers, P2602HW-61 and P2602HW-61C but I can't find anything
that tells me the difference between these either.

--
Chris Green

Old January 20th 06, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Martin?" wrote:
Looking at your list MV corresponds to HWL and MF to HW ;-)

I think that's just fortuitous!

Did you find any listing of what changes / improvements between MF.0 / MF.1
/MF.2 ?

On the Zyxel.COM website the data sheet lists ALL the models with the C
suffix, so I assume it's a revised range.
Is yours HW 61 or 61C ?

Mine is a 2602HW-61

I did in fact get an answer from Zyxel support about this, they say
the the 'C' suffix indicates a 'cost cut' version which only has one
WiFi aerial and provides only two VPN terminations. The non-C version
has two WiFi aerials and does 20 VPNs.

So I guess that MF software is for the 20 VPNs and the MV software is
for 2 VPNs. My 2602HW-61 does have two aerials.

I do find that Zyxel tend to do this - have lots of subtle model
number differences that aren't very clear in their effects.

--
Chris Green