OT? Fax to email

Old January 19th 06, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Default OT? Fax to email

Like most things, Tiscali have made a balls of my fax to email service.

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

Cheers

John DH

Old January 19th 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Flying Rat

In article , John DH says...
Like most things, Tiscali have made a balls of my fax to email service.

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

Cheers

John DH

http://www.j2.com/jconnect/twa/page/faxServices

The successor to JFax which were one of the first to offer the service.

FR
Old January 19th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
Flying Rat

In article , Flying Rat
says...
In article , John DH says...
Like most things, Tiscali have made a balls of my fax to email service.

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

Cheers

John DH

http://www.j2.com/jconnect/twa/page/faxServices

The successor to JFax which were one of the first to offer the service.

FR

actually forget that! Their UK offering doesn't seem to be listed any
more

FR
Old January 19th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
aa

In ,
John DH wrote:

Like most things, Tiscali have made a balls of my fax to email service.

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

Cheers

John DH

I've used YAC (their free service) very happily for a number of years..

http://www.yac.com/yacHomePage.jsp

also have a look at Nildram..

http://www.nildram.net/display.php?page=fax_services
--
aa

Old January 19th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
John DH

Found one www.faxtasic.co.uk.

At least this gets me out of a fix, thanks guys.

John DH

Old January 19th 06, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

John DH wrote:

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

www.inweb.co.uk www.efax.com

The latter have their own viewer s/w. You might initially
find it difficult to see a 'free' option (using an 0870
number rather than a setup fee and monthly fee to pay)
and if this is the case, click on 'Help', then see the
heading 'Limited Account'. NB eFax will send you a few
e-mail messages per year, which carry sponsored ads, as a
way to fund the limited account. Handy as a reminder that
if you change mail address, you need to update eFax, too.

Old January 19th 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
AnthonyL

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:36:30 -0000, "John DH" wrote:

Like most things, Tiscali have made a balls of my fax to email service.

Can anyone recommend a service provider for this facility

I'm not a heavy user and find the free efax service for incoming
emails fine - have to suffer their occasional promotional faxes. Not
sure if they still offer the option though (www.efax.com)

Don't use their "paid for" outgoing.

--
AnthonyL
Old January 19th 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip

PumaOne is OK, though the free service has to be used at least once
every 90 days, else they terminate your number.

Nick

Old January 19th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Thu, 19 Jan 2006, John DH writes
Found one www.faxtasic.co.uk.

Link is broken!!
Old January 19th 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.voip
aa

In ,
David Floyd wrote:

In message of Thu, 19 Jan 2006, John DH writes
Found one www.faxtasic.co.uk.

Link is broken!!

Try this..

http://www.faxtastic.co.uk/