Belkin F5D7632uk4

Old January 19th 06, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Default Belkin F5D7632uk4

I'm considering this to set up my two home PCs and also for my daughters
wireless laptop. I've seen it at a good price. Has anyone any experience of
it, or could recommend an alternative.

Thanks

Steve

Old January 19th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ferret

Hi Steve,
I have the F5D7633, I don't know what the difference is but I will say
it mine is good and the technical support was excelent when I needed it.

Ferret

Old January 19th 06, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GA

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:45:04 -0000, "steve church"
wrote:

[snip] Has anyone any experience of it, [snip]

It's what I've got and it was a free replacement under the lifetime
warranty for my old F5D 7630 .

I have no problems with it at all. It took me 2 or 3 minutes to
install it and it is better all round than my old one.

Range is very good and it's very stable on my iffy BT line on a 1Mb
connection. It's been in a couple of months now and I've had to
re-boot it once.

The warranty was the deciding factor for me in the first place and it
turned out to be a good move I reckon.
Old January 19th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

GA wrote:

I have no problems with it at all. It took me 2 or 3 minutes to
install it and it is better all round than my old one.

Nosy question, but what happened to it ? A friend has had the
7630 for 18+ months now (and very happy with it). Peter M.

Old January 19th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hugo Nebula

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:45:04 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"steve church" randomly hit the
keyboard and produced:

I'm considering this to set up my two home PCs and also for my daughters
wireless laptop. I've seen it at a good price. Has anyone any experience of
it or could recommend an alternative.

Two tin cans and a piece of string would be better than a Belkin.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"
Old January 19th 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"steve church" wrote in message
I'm considering this to set up my two home PCs and also for my daughters
wireless laptop. I've seen it at a good price. Has anyone any experience
of it, or could recommend an alternative.

Thanks

Steve

NOOOOOOOOOO! DO NOT BUY THAT ROUTER.

I have to restart it 4 times per day as it crashes itself and sends out BS
DNS data and that is the exact model i have!

Old January 19th 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"Hugo Nebula" [email protected] wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:45:04 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"steve church" randomly hit the
keyboard and produced:

I'm considering this to set up my two home PCs and also for my daughters
wireless laptop. I've seen it at a good price. Has anyone any experience
of
it or could recommend an alternative.

Two tin cans and a piece of string would be better than a Belkin.

BTW mate do you recommend a good non-belkin router?
Mines going to transmit from the dust-bin whenever i find a good
replacement.

Old January 19th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg Hennessy

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:13:30 +0000, Hugo Nebula [email protected] wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:45:04 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"steve church" randomly hit the
keyboard and produced:

I'm considering this to set up my two home PCs and also for my daughters
wireless laptop. I've seen it at a good price. Has anyone any experience of
it or could recommend an alternative.

Two tin cans and a piece of string would be better than a Belkin.

If you flash the relevant linksys mimo firmware on there, it makes for a
much more pleasurable experience.
--
Chuck Norris and Mr.T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly
destroyed,as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.
Old January 19th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GA

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:01:22 +0000, Peter M
wrote:

Nosy question, but what happened to it ? A friend has had the
7630 for 18+ months now (and very happy with it). Peter M.

No power - presumably the psu which, if you do some hunting around,
isn't uncommon. Anyway the lights were out!

The 7632 is installed in exactly the same place as my 7360 was.
Previously I got a very inconsistent speed that would vary from 11 to
54mbps for no apparent reason. I now have a rock steady wlan speed of
54mbps.

There are two huge pluses in favour of Belkin IMO.

1. Freephone tech support. It's based in India I believe and I have
had some minor language probs but the staff are unfailingly polite and
helpful.
2. The lifetime warranty. Mine must have been over 3 years old when it
was exchanged with the current comparable model.

I accept it's not the best in terms of reliability/performance but my
limiting factors lie with BT and their crappy infrastructure.

I've had Linksys stuff in the past and when I had problems with their
stuff I was unable to elicit any response from their tech support -
absolutely nothing!

GA

Old January 19th 06, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

GA wrote:

No power - presumably the psu which, if you do some hunting around,
isn't uncommon. Anyway the lights were out!

Ah, OK. Anyway, thanks for the info. I currently have no wireless
kit, but despite various other comments, will use Belkin. Peter M.