Pipex problems in Hook, Hants tonight - anywhere else?

Old January 20th 06, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex problems in Hook, Hants tonight - anywhere else?

Connectivity is up and down like a yo-yo with frequent BT wholesale
pages saying that connection to my ISP is down. Anyone else? Pipex's
status page says no problems. Yeah, right.

Old January 20th 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Connectivity is up and down like a yo-yo with frequent BT wholesale
pages saying that connection to my ISP is down. Anyone else? Pipex's
status page says no problems. Yeah, right.

I had a few probs in Liverpool last night, about 1am IIRC

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Old January 20th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John DH

There was a major outage at the Harbour Exchange Data Centre yesterday
morning. It was reported by 123-reg.co.uk which is part of pipex. You could
be suffering fallout from that incident.

The problem began with a mains failure, which should not be a problem with
UPS. But, the backup supplies failed. I dare say there will be a stewards
enquiry.

John DH

oups.com...

Old January 20th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mibx

I've been having problems with pipex for the past week after 6pm, Im in the
Berkshire postcode area...

At the moment its running normaly.

Old January 23rd 06, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Pipex problems in Hook, Hants

Tried the email route rather than the fill-in-a-form route on Saturday.
Automated response says "we might get around to looking at it in a
couple of working days." So, Wednesday if I'm lucky.