Migrateing from Pipex to...

Old January 20th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mibx

Default Migrateing from Pipex to...

After problems with pipex for the last week or so, I've got my MAC Code for
pipex and thinking of migrating to another ADSL Provider, but no Idea who.

I want to avoid NDO, PlusNET, BT BB and wannado(DON'T)

Many thanks.

--
NB
Please don't TOP POST as its annoying!

Old January 20th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"mibx" wrote in message
After problems with pipex for the last week or so, I've got my MAC Code for
pipex and thinking of migrating to another ADSL Provider, but no Idea who.

I want to avoid NDO, PlusNET, BT BB and wannado(DON'T)

Many thanks.

--
NB
Please don't TOP POST as its annoying!

I can recommend www.zen.co.uk They are not the cheapest - but their service
is brilliant, 1 month contracts, and they never hassle people over usage
levels.

**SS**

Old January 20th 06, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yes Zen. Dont go to F2s theyre pants.

Top posting ftw.

Old January 20th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mibx

wrote in message
Yes Zen. Dont go to F2s theyre pants.

Top posting ftw.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:35:43 -0000, "SecretSquiddle"
wrote:

your a [email protected] I dont want to pay that much, but i've seen other ISPs who do
a 1meg for under 20 and its not caped.

Old January 20th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nigel Molesworth

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:45:05 -0000, mibx wrote:

thinking of migrating to another ADSL Provider, but no Idea who.

See my post PCPro Broadband ISP survey:

--
Nigel M
Old January 20th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

wrote:

your a [email protected] I dont want to pay that much, but i've seen other
ISPs who do a 1meg for under 20 and its not caped.

Sorry but you're the [email protected], they may do 1Mb for under 20 but check on
the capping, FUP, traffic shaping or what ever else they call it. One
well known ISP when questioned about this stated that they did not put
the FUP/traffic shapping policy on the nice shiney advert pages as
they would confuse the new customers. So basically they suck them in
& then hit them with whatever traffic manipulation they are using..

Don't believe everything you read in the headlines, it always pays to
look deeper & if the ISP has a 12 month contract, once they've sucked
you in you're shafted for a year before you can do anything about it.

Old January 21st 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"kraftee" wrote in message

wrote:

your a [email protected] I dont want to pay that much, but i've seen other
ISPs who do a 1meg for under 20 and its not caped.

Sorry but you're the [email protected], they may do 1Mb for under 20 but check on
the capping, FUP, traffic shaping or what ever else they call it. One
well known ISP when questioned about this stated that they did not put
the FUP/traffic shapping policy on the nice shiney advert pages as
they would confuse the new customers. So basically they suck them in
& then hit them with whatever traffic manipulation they are using..

Don't believe everything you read in the headlines, it always pays to
look deeper & if the ISP has a 12 month contract, once they've sucked
you in you're shafted for a year before you can do anything about it.

Yes, and ZEN have only 1 month contracts - so if you don't like them, you
can leave without any hassle. 24.99 for Home 500 isn't that much over the
top - it's for a far superior service.

**SS**