NTL Broadband limits

Old January 20th 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vok

Default NTL Broadband limits

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a download
limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what happens if I exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the 1st
of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

Old January 20th 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilÅ

"Vok" wrote in message
My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download
limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what happens if I exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the
1st
of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

As far as I understand, the limits are not yet being applied

Old January 20th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tweetie Pooh

"Vok" wrote in :

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what
happens if I exceed the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly
period starts, is it the 1st of the month, or the date when they
usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone
here can answer these questions.

Thanks!

Limits on ntl are combined up and down.
Old January 21st 06, 12:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download

I thought the 10Mb limit was 75Gb?

Old January 21st 06, 03:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Vok wrote:

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download
limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what happens if I exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the
1st of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

I think capped services from now on deserve an easily
differentiable name such as Narrow Band instead of
genuine broadband that genuine broadband service providers supply.

It is responsibility of OFTEL to prevent customers
being misled by clear choice of names.

Old January 21st 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gutz

"PhilÅ" wrote in message
news

"Vok" wrote in message
My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download
limit or a combined upload/download limit?

1mb - unlimitted
2mb - unlimitted
10mb - 75gb/ month

presumably youre on 10mb & its a combined limit

Also, what happens if I exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the
1st
of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

As far as I understand, the limits are not yet being applied

Wrong! If you take the **** you'll be put onto 2mb unlimitted (from 10mb)
with no option to upgrade.

Old January 22nd 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

On 2006-01-20 15:26:16 +0000, "Vok" said:

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a download
limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what happens if I exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the 1st
of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

The supposed cap is 75gb and as this is enough for 99% of us why worry?

Unless your one of these Linux Distro downloaders that has to have
FreeLinBSD 4.12.344.5 RC1 the second after it's on the cvs thing....

Steve

Old January 22nd 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"7" wrote in message
Vok wrote:

My monthly limit with NTL is 65GB. Can anyone tell me if this is a
download
limit or a combined upload/download limit? Also, what happens if I
exceed
the limit? I'm also wondering when the monthly period starts, is it the
1st of the month, or the date when they usually take the direct debit?

NTL's website and customer services kinda suck so I'm hoping someone here
can answer these questions.

Thanks!

I think capped services from now on deserve an easily
differentiable name such as Narrow Band instead of
genuine broadband that genuine broadband service providers supply.

You dont actually understand what "narrowband" and broadband" mean, do you ?