P***** off with Tiscali!

Old January 20th 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Cue

Default P***** off with Tiscali!

In October last year I changed my payment method from credit card to direct
debit. A few days later I received a letter confirming the change. Done, or
so I thought.

A week ago I received a letter threatening court action if I did not pay for
over 4 months service, so I phoned up, complained and paid in full. I was
not informed that my payment had not been received, I don't like only being
told about it in a threatening letter.

Just one minute later I called the cancellation line and was offered 12.99
for 1Mb a month ("Are you taking the p***?").

Just when I thought I might get it half price (not that I would have
accepted it anyway) the line goes silent for 2 minutes and I finally get a
cancellation reference number.

I get disconnected on the 31st, but why so long? I did ask but she did not
say why. So, why? So they can bill me again?

Anyone else out there who has had this problem?