More DACS 'fun'

Old January 21st 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Default More DACS 'fun'

A successful resolution (AOL) but .....

Initial report was 'line sharing device' (DACS) but work was done and
the line reported complete.
Did not work at all, and went through the usual stuff; new filters, a
day getting the PC by the master socket, PC examinations, firewall
removal....
A 3 week wait for AOL to arrange a BT engineer to call (Christmas etc)
and finally sorted. The DACS had gone from the exchange but the other
half was still up the pole and in circuit !

Bill
Old January 22nd 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pda700

The DACS had gone from the exchange but the other
half was still up the pole and in circuit !

It took 6 weeks for my Dacs to be removed. There was a lot of demarcation
between engineers in that no one person could do the job from start to
finish. BT wholesale were in the middle messing things up along with an
Indian call centre fronting them. It took me 3 months to get BT Broadband
installed and working. I just hope BT Openreach can cut the crap.

Old January 24th 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"kraftee" wrote in message

"Not really as if the job is issued incorrectly or to the department it
will just be bounced back, those are the orders..."

Hopefully with the new scenario 1 2 & 3 process things will get better.
However, it can be difficult to remove DACS as it is there due to plant
shortage and new cable does not just 'appear' over night. Thankfully
broadband has seen lots of people cancel 2nd lines used at home for PC's and
this has freed up lots of plant for reuse. However, some area will always
struggle for pair and this is where you see the delays.