BT's Broadband

Old January 21st 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

Default BT's Broadband

Thank you all for the replies.

We have ordered the BT package and await the possible visit from their
engineer. No discount will be given for the reduced service. Well, we
didn't really expect that we would but it was worth asking if anyone had
been given a concession.

BT have not and are not investing in equipment as they should. One
poster from another group said that he lives in a city and can still only
receive the 512Kbps download speed.

Hopefully an upgrade will be available for us both soon.

Lisa

Old January 21st 06, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:27:46 +0000, PL wrote:

BT have not and are not investing in equipment as they should.

no, they've only spent a couple of billion pounds on ADSL equipment.
I'll suggest they pop round to you for some free management and
financial consultancy.

Phil

Old January 22nd 06, 01:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PL

"Phil Thompson" wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:27:46 +0000, PL wrote:

BT have not and are not investing in equipment as they should.

no, they've only spent a couple of billion pounds on ADSL equipment.
I'll suggest they pop round to you for some free management and
financial consultancy.

Ok. They know where I live.

Lisa

Old January 22nd 06, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew

"PL" wrote in message
Thank you all for the replies.

We have ordered the BT package and await the possible visit from their
engineer. No discount will be given for the reduced service. Well, we
didn't really expect that we would but it was worth asking if anyone had
been given a concession.

BT have not and are not investing in equipment as they should. One
poster from another group said that he lives in a city and can still only
receive the 512Kbps download speed.

Hopefully an upgrade will be available for us both soon.

Lisa

Why did you expect a discount when most isp's state a download limit
as in the amount of data you can download/upload. Its not a speed that
determines the prices anymore.

Secondly your other statement, 'BT have not and are not investing in
equipment as they should. '. So how were they meant to do it???
Install a dslam next to customers properties??????

Andrew