Zen just aren't doing it

Old January 22nd 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ken

Default Zen just aren't doing it

"Boss Hog" wrote in message
I'm very disappointed with my Zen connection, and the lack of support
from them.

I am getting less than 1000k speeds, and they haven't responded to my
requests for help, save to say they advised I change filters. As the
line in question /only/ has a router connected, I don't need filters,
but I did put one in place to do as I was asked.

My 'back-up' 14.99 Plusnet connection on another line at the premises
- which incidentally is the same wire from the pole - works
flawlessly.

Anyone suggest what I can do to get this problem acknowledged as
needing attention by Zen? 20 quid a month more for something
considerably less is not going to continue.

For several years I have found Zen excellent and their support excellent!!

Sorry you don't feel the same.

Ken

Old January 22nd 06, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Default Zen just aren't doing it for Hawg

I'm very disappointed with my Zen connection, and the lack of support
from them.

I am getting less than 1000k speeds, and they haven't responded to my
requests for help, save to say they advised I change filters. As the
line in question /only/ has a router connected, I don't need filters,
but I did put one in place to do as I was asked.

My 'back-up' 14.99 Plusnet connection on another line at the premises
- which incidentally is the same wire from the pole - works
flawlessly.

Anyone suggest what I can do to get this problem acknowledged as
needing attention by Zen? 20 quid a month more for something
considerably less is not going to continue.

For several years I have found Zen excellent and their support excellent!!

Sorry you don't feel the same.

Ken

I have absolutely no fault with Zen as well, compared to Plusnet where I
came from, the service is a lot faster, no restrictions whatsoever, no
constantly changing terms and conditions like you get with Plusnet, the only
time I did contact Zen by phone the call was taken in seconds and I got very
knowledgeable advice from someone who was obviously very well trained ... on
the flipside, the many times I had to call Plusnet and wait while my phone
bill mounted up, only to be fobbed off by what sounded like poorly trained
individuals was disgusting.

Its a pity about Boss Hawg's experience, but he is most definitely in the
minority. Zen are a quality outfit, end of story.

Old January 23rd 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Colin wrote:

the flipside, the many times I had to call Plusnet and wait while my phone
bill mounted up, only to be fobbed off by what sounded like poorly trained
individuals was disgusting.

Well, I guess you posted your complaints here, or on ADSLguide at the
time, did you ? Now you have a Zen mail address, it might be quite a
difficult job tracking down many of your past posts (either pro, or
more likely, anti-Plus.Net) ! I only remember one heavy user, on
the Broadband Plus (14.99) account. No recollection of having
lots of calls to Plus.Net though... Maybe you could care to post
some past message IDs/links, so we can see what your problems with
Plus.Net amounted to... slow speeds or disconnections ??

Its a pity about Boss Hawg's experience, but he is most definitely in the
minority. Zen are a quality outfit, end of story.

I think he knows that, but currently isn't getting satisfaction with
their CS/support, and hasn't been too happy since joining, as a few
past posts (end December) would suggest. Peter Morgan.

Old February 8th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

I think he knows that, but currently isn't getting satisfaction with
their CS/support, and hasn't been too happy since joining, as a few
past posts (end December) would suggest.

He seems intent on rubbishing me because I have 'rocked' the Zen boat
I guess.

I doubt he'll be big enough to apologise when he realises how wrong he
has been with some of the nonsense he has posted about me.

How about the fact you are a proven ****?

Nonsense I suppose?, but true.

Old February 8th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Well, I guess you posted your complaints here, or on ADSLguide at the
time, did you ? Now you have a Zen mail address, it might be quite a
difficult job tracking down many of your past posts (either pro, or
more likely, anti-Plus.Net) ! I only remember one heavy user, on
the Broadband Plus (14.99) account. No recollection of having
lots of calls to Plus.Net though...

Are you Plusnet CS? There are thousands of instances on record of Plusnet
discontent from around August/September 2005 onwards due to the worst
U-turn's in Plusnet's history.

Maybe you could care to post
some past message IDs/links, so we can see what your problems with
Plus.Net amounted to... slow speeds or disconnections ??

Slow "dial up" speeds and hidden restrictions were the biggest complaint,
but outright lies from Plusnet were the worst..

They never get a penny of my money or recommendation to friends ever again,
most dishonest outfit in the UK, period!

Old February 8th 06, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

I recognised the text as something I had posted, since Colin
seems incapable of including any attribution to who posted
what, when making his 4 posts today...

Colin wrote:

Are you Plusnet CS? There are thousands of instances on record of Plusnet
discontent from around August/September 2005 onwards due to the worst
U-turn's in Plusnet's history.

If you are only going from August/September 2005 then you aren't going
back long enough. No, for sure I'm not involved with Plus.Net Customer
Support and have made my criticisms known as much as some others which
you would know if you did more than assume anyone disagreeing with you
must be working for Plus.Net.

"There are thousands of instances on record " - perhaps you could give
more details of where such complaints are on record.

Really, you do seem still so anti-Plus.Net by all your posts yet claim
one person having a problem with Zen must be a troll because he dared
to compare his new ISP with his old... Perhaps you'd do us a favour
and keep the same e-mail address from now, so the killfile will get
shot of any future posts. Thanks.