Zen just aren't doing it

Old January 22nd 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ctl

Default Zen just aren't doing it

"Boss Hog" wrote in message
I'm very disappointed with my Zen connection, and the lack of support
from them.

I am getting less than 1000k speeds, and they haven't responded to my
requests for help, save to say they advised I change filters. As the
line in question /only/ has a router connected, I don't need filters,
but I did put one in place to do as I was asked.

My 'back-up' 14.99 Plusnet connection on another line at the premises
- which incidentally is the same wire from the pole - works
flawlessly.

Anyone suggest what I can do to get this problem acknowledged as
needing attention by Zen? 20 quid a month more for something
considerably less is not going to continue.

Go to your local court and have a summons issued to get your money back.
The only problem is that most ISPs cover themselves by stating "speed up to"
and other such phrases.
So they have actually aknowledged your problem which you state they haven't!
They have given you advice. Don't compare two different services on two
different lines, they will be different if you think about it.

Old January 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eddy

Boss Hog wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:24:56 GMT, "ctl" wrote:

Go to your local court and have a summons issued to get your money back.

*sigh*

I'm not looking to sue Zen (or anyone) but I'm just a little
disappointed that a) my line isn't performing as well as other Zen
users seems to be getting b) Zen haven't been particularly forthcoming
in helping c) that my Plusnet 14.99 a month line seemingly performs
better.

I'm not making any assumptions here, but sometimes how you approach or
talk to someone can help you get help.

Eddy
Old January 23rd 06, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Default Zen just aren't doing it for Boss Hog

"Eddy" wrote in message
Boss Hog wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:24:56 GMT, "ctl" wrote:

Go to your local court and have a summons issued to get your money back.

*sigh*

I'm not looking to sue Zen (or anyone) but I'm just a little
disappointed that a) my line isn't performing as well as other Zen
users seems to be getting b) Zen haven't been particularly forthcoming
in helping c) that my Plusnet 14.99 a month line seemingly performs
better.

I'm not making any assumptions here, but sometimes how you approach or
talk to someone can help you get help.

Eddy

And that was the reason I never addressed him directly. Our Boss Hog seems
to have an agenda against Zen, whom are undoubtedly the best ADSL ISP in the
UK if money is not your concern, while he still supports Plusnet whom have
had the worst year ever in their shady, dodgy history? Bit fishy ... No? I
can also spot some other flaws and howling errors in Boss's obvious troll,
can anyone else see them?

Yes you were right Eddy, Boss Hoggs attitude was of disdain for Zen from the
outset, he then went on the offensive to anyone who tried to talk reason to
him, and keeps bringing up how good he thought Plusnet were.

Obvious Plusnet troll going to extra-ordinary lengths for his idols.

I reiterate, Zen are a proven quality outfit, if you don't mind spending a
little more for quality, and I don't. You get what you pay for.

Cheers.

Old January 23rd 06, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Maybe you should sign backup with +net for a new years contract, but it
seems strange that you have problems when most people are leaving +net and
going for other ISP's like Zen.

I am with Zen and never had a problem with speeds or service and their phone
support is excelent and english.

I am sure they will fix or find out what the problem is if you give them a
chance.

Old January 23rd 06, 11:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Colin wrote:

Our Boss Hog seems to have an agenda against Zen, who are undoubtedly
the best ADSL ISP in the UK if money is not your concern, while he
still supports Plusnet who have had the worst year ever in their
shady, dodgy history? Bit fishy ... No?

No. I see him not having an agenda, and grudgingly finding that for
now, Plus.Net happens to give more reliable results, and the fact he
migrated seems to be lost on you. Would someone migrate just to
'have a go' at a well-known ISP ?

I can also spot some other flaws and howling errors in Boss's obvious
troll, can anyone else see them?

You'd better enlighten us, or me, at least, if you think BH is a troll.
I've seen a few posts from Boss Hog - I don't know him from Adam, but
in the other groups there've been reasonable queries on domains, etc.

Yes you were right Eddy, Boss Hoggs attitude was of disdain for Zen
from the outset, he then went on the offensive to anyone who tried
to talk reason to him,

Do you think the post by 'ctl' was "well reasoned" or flame-bait (and
in truth, I think Boss Hog didn't go OTT in response to it), and no,
before anyone asks, I'm not Boss Hog and I don't know him/her.

and keeps bringing up how good he thought Plusnet were.
Obvious Plusnet troll going to extra-ordinary lengths for his idols.

Just look back a few weeks... He was planning to switch both line (but
I guess commonsense about doing them one at a time ruled that out) and
there was even a post by BH saying it seems Zen are the "bees knees"
so how you think there is some 'agenda' against Zen is beyond me.

I reiterate, Zen are a proven quality outfit, if you don't mind
spending a little more for quality, and I don't.
You get what you pay for.

I think he's just a little narked that, despite knowing they are widely
praised, he's (a) paying significantly more, and (b) feels he's not yet
getting suitable investigation into his speed problem. Wouldn't you be,
if you were in the same position ? Peter Morgan.

PS Boss Hog - what exchange are you on - are there any VP problems ??

PPS This is posted via Plus.Net, but right now I'm not overly happy
with them, because of downloads stalling, lack of reasonable speed
on any news service which carries binaries, and other issues!

Old January 23rd 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

addresses. Some use made-up (but valid) addresses and may
cause the actual domain registrants to get junk mail.

Yea, I did that once I felt sorry for the person who's Email it was after I
found out.

I hope none got the one I use now?

Old January 24th 06, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:13:59 +0000, Boss Hog
wrote:

My exchange is not showing any issues according to SamKnows.

there are other checkers at Metronet and Plusnet and their timeliness
is variable.

If you log in with the bt speedtest user on the modem and get 1M on a
2M line then there's an issue somewhere, be it the wrong ATM profile,
a congested virtual path from the exchange, lots of errors on the
line, issues at your end, dodgy line card at the exchange.

Although the bt speedtest shows its not an issue on Zen's network it's
still their responsibility to get it fixed.

Phil

Old January 24th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Boss Hog wrote:
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 03:47:13 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

And that was the reason I never addressed him directly. Our Boss Hog
seems to have an agenda against Zen,

Absolute rubbish!!!!

I /want/ my line to work, as I /want/ to use Zen.

I'm even in negotiation with them to see if they will swap the ADSL
over to my other line so I can *continue* using them and drop Plusnet

Your no doubt forthcoming and very public apology will be accepted.

I've never seen an apology from people like Colin, I hope he does say sorry
but don't hold your breath.

Old January 24th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"Colin" wrote in message
om...

And that was the reason I never addressed him directly. Our Boss Hog seems
to have an agenda against Zen, whom are undoubtedly the best ADSL ISP in
the UK if money is not your concern, while he still supports Plusnet whom
have had the worst year ever in their shady, dodgy history? Bit fishy ...
No? I can also spot some other flaws and howling errors in Boss's obvious
troll, can anyone else see them?

I'm sorry, but I think you have the agenda (against plusnet). Why must he be
a troll? He seems to have been reasonable and considered in his language and
approach.

Yes you were right Eddy, Boss Hoggs attitude was of disdain for Zen from
the outset, he then went on the offensive to anyone who tried to talk
reason to him, and keeps bringing up how good he thought Plusnet were.

I didn't read it that way... I thought he said he heard good things about
Zen (compared to plusnet) and so tried them out but those things weren't
born out by his experience.

The recurring them I picked up was that he was expected a very good service
from a highly-recommended ISP but he was disappointed he wasn't getting it.

Obvious Plusnet troll going to extra-ordinary lengths for his idols.

As opposed to an obvious Zen fanboy, reacting hysterically that his idols
may not actually be perfect.

I reiterate, Zen are a proven quality outfit,

Most people would agree.

if you don't mind spending a little more for quality,

True.

and I don't.

Good for you.

You get what you pay for.

Sometimes. But apparently not all the time. Accept it.

Cheers.

Cheers

Old January 24th 06, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yealand Conyers

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:17:38 +0000, Boss Hog wrote:

...and I x-archive because I choose to. Nothing sinister.

As I said, some archives ignore the x-archive, so it is pretty useless.
Furthermore, if people reply to you, what you've said is archived anyway.

--
Fed up with spammers? In the EU? Claim!
http://spamlegalaction.pbwiki.com/