PC Pro ISP survey

Old January 23rd 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Retired

Default PC Pro ISP survey

Do I believe this or all the posts on this site?
PlusNet hardly seems to be as bad as the posts would suggest, particularly
as the winner, Zen costs a lot more.
But then surveys like these are useless without taking cost into account.
Its like comparing a Mini with a Rolls Royce and ignoring the price
difference.

Retired

Old January 23rd 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Do I believe this or all the posts on this site?
PlusNet hardly seems to be as bad as the posts would suggest, particularly
as the winner, Zen costs a lot more.
But then surveys like these are useless without taking cost into account.
Its like comparing a Mini with a Rolls Royce and ignoring the price
difference.

Retired

LOL. Your trolling is good. You just have to remember the way Plusnet tried
to bribe punters with fake gifts to win this poll (evidence is on ADSL
Guide) and then realise what a dirty dishonest outfit Plusnet are.

Zen won it fair and square *again* without dirty tricks and lies from their
company reps, like thugs from Plusnet ... Norriss, Tomlinson, Brown and co.

My God... I hate Plusnet with a passion. for their ongoing bare faced lies
and deceit to customers

LOL

Old January 23rd 06, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:49:10 +0000, Colin wrote:

My God... I hate Plusnet with a passion. for their ongoing bare faced lies
and deceit to customers

I think you need to get out more and have a life if this arouses you to
such passion

--
Regards
Tony

Old January 23rd 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Briscoe

In message of Mon, 23 Jan 2006
10:49:10 in uk.telecom.broadband, Colin
writes

Do I believe this or all the posts on this site?
PlusNet hardly seems to be as bad as the posts would suggest, particularly
as the winner, Zen costs a lot more.
But then surveys like these are useless without taking cost into account.
Its like comparing a Mini with a Rolls Royce and ignoring the price
difference.

Retired

LOL. Your trolling is good. You just have to remember the way Plusnet tried
to bribe punters with fake gifts to win this poll (evidence is on ADSL
Guide) and then realise what a dirty dishonest outfit Plusnet are.

URL? I find nothing on looking via google and at
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

Zen won it fair and square *again* without dirty tricks and lies from their
company reps, like thugs from Plusnet ... Norriss, Tomlinson, Brown and co.

My God... I hate Plusnet with a passion. for their ongoing bare faced lies
and deceit to customers

Relax! I see tiscali now advertises "Unlimited time online". We should
probably fear a modern version of Gresham's Law - bad broadband
suppliers drive out good.

I am a new zen 250 customer. 2 email support calls have been OK.
Streaming radio is OK - it would probably also have been OK with dial-up
except that I paid a connection time toll. Downloading applications
seems to be at about 25Kb/second which is what I would expect on a line
without contention. (Assuming 10 bits per byte to allow for coms
overhead.)
--
Walter Briscoe
Old January 23rd 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Colin wrote:
[...]

I dont hate plusnet, I migrated to their premier service, as I thought it
was unlimited (within reason), some months i might download 10gb, some
months 75gb, I dont want to have a restriction, and plusnet seemed to have
the right package for me.

There speeds now, since Christmas are like dialup, getting only full
broadband after 1am. I am on a new billing month as of yesterday, yet my max
p2p speeds download at the moment are about 11k. I am migrating to eclipse
tomorrow.

I understand their need to have a cap, but at the moment their procedure to
limit is absurd, they have two seperate systems, using two seperate
defintions of offpeak, with an array of catches, and no clear way to show
what you have downloaded, and what limits are currently on.

Gaz

Old January 23rd 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geo

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:22:13 -0000, "Retired" wrote:

Do I believe this or all the posts on this site?

You have not specified the "site"

Geo