BT broadband sometimes slow at looking up websites

Old January 23rd 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT broadband sometimes slow at looking up websites

This happens occasionally, quite a lot with google- I often have to load
it twice, second time no problem. I'm on BT broadband, and wonder if
there is anything I can do to tweak this, or if it is more likely a
network issue?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 23rd 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article 1h9m83g.1ebctbqbtf508N%[email protected] ahoo.com,
David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy says...
This happens occasionally, quite a lot with google- I often have to load
it twice, second time no problem. I'm on BT broadband, and wonder if
there is anything I can do to tweak this, or if it is more likely a
network issue?

there have been a few related posts here in the past few days, seeming
to point to BT's DNS servers being a bit iffy at the moment. Which is
obviously a network issue.

Others will have notified their support department so I would join the
chorus and email them

FR