Plusnet Email

Old January 23rd 06, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth

Default Plusnet Email

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that from April
I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price and it mentioned BT.
Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

Old January 23rd 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that from
April
I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price and it mentioned
BT.
Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

As the notice says

"BT will be upgrading their network to enable all telephone exchanges to
support speeds up to 8Mb - this work is scheduled to begin this coming
April."

QED!

Or in more modern parlance RTFM!

Peter Crosland

Old January 23rd 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Gareth" wrote in message
Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that from
April
I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price and it mentioned
BT.

Lol !!
1Mb / 2Mb / 8Mb / .... 10GB .... whatever they flog will be next to useless
once it's been through "traffic shapping"

Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

Nah. It just means someone in Plusnets' marketing department has been
smoking crack again ;o)

Old January 23rd 06, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Gareth wrote:

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that
from April I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price
and it mentioned BT. Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

Apparently - but I don't know where that leaves those of us who currently
can't get 2M even though the exchange is enabled for 2M. I guess I'll
*still* be on 1M after the 8M upgrade?
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old January 23rd 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan J. Flavell

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Gareth wrote:

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that
from April I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price
and it mentioned BT.

The email that I got included a URL for further information, didn't
yours?

Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

They've already started. I don't think it's any secret.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadban...ucts/8Mb.shtml
Old January 23rd 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:06:44 -0000, "Tiscali Tim"

Gareth wrote:

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that
from April I may be able to get upto 8MB speeds for the same price
and it mentioned BT. Does this mean BT are upgrading all exchanges?

Apparently - but I don't know where that leaves those of us who currently
can't get 2M even though the exchange is enabled for 2M. I guess I'll
*still* be on 1M after the 8M upgrade?

You're lucky.

I'm stuck on 512K, and they won't even try to upgrade me to 1Mb, with
attenuation of 61dB :-(
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If a program is useful, it must be changed.