PCMCIA Card

Old January 24th 06, 06:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ono Notim

Default PCMCIA Card

Hi all
Does anybody know of a laptop PC Card which has the facility of connecting
an external antenna, please?
I want to use the laptop in a building which has marginal signal to none,
but I can get a connection if I put the lappie in the window. Maybe I could
connect up an external antenna and use the laptop on a desk in the building
if I can just run an external antenna?
Any help much appreciated
Thanks
O. N.

Old January 24th 06, 08:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Ono Notim wrote:
Hi all
Does anybody know of a laptop PC Card which has the facility of connecting
an external antenna, please?

There are several.

http://computers.search-desc.ebay.co...chiZQQsaprcloZ

For some exmplaes.
Old January 24th 06, 08:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:28:33 -0000, "Ono Notim"
wrote:

Does anybody know of a laptop PC Card which has the facility of connecting
an external antenna, please?

http://www.computerguy.co.uk/~computer/catalog/product_info.php?currency=GBP&cPath=27&products_id =28

Orinoco Gold card, maybe also the Silver, also badged as a Dell
Truemobile card - I got one off Ebay. Else Airlancer-MC11 is another.

Phil

Old January 25th 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ono Notim

Hi Guys
That's superb .....
excellent help and just what I have learnt to expect from you all (well most
(;D) ).
Also done some research this end and I can get some +5dB [not sue if it's
dBi or dBd] for the router - yet another option!
Cheers Phil, Peter & Ian
O. N.

Old January 25th 06, 01:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Had the same problem.
Discovered that an USB adapter was cheaper and simpler then getting an
aerial for PCMCIA card.
I now use D-Link GWL 122 adapter, which sits in a cradle at the end of 1.2m
cable (can be up to 5m),
backed up with V shaped silver foil covered card. Works great.
Without the cradle it's small enough to carry with laptop.
Regards,
Martin