Best ADSL provider for novice

Old January 24th 06, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Default Best ADSL provider for novice

Hi

A friend is getting a first PC today. I will be setting it up for her, and
she will want to go on BB shortly. Which do you recommend, so that I do not
get called to go around and sort out problems. I have warned her off AOL.
I am happy with the reliability of Wanadoo. Will check to see if NTL is in
the area.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Old January 24th 06, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Rob wrote:
Hi

A friend is getting a first PC today. I will be setting it up for
her, and she will want to go on BB shortly. Which do you recommend,
so that I do not get called to go around and sort out problems. I
have warned her off AOL. I am happy with the reliability of Wanadoo.
Will check to see if NTL is in the area.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Of the cheaper ones freenetname isn't bad, 9.99 for the first three months
the 17.99 per month. Like Wanadoo and Tiscali support is based in India.
http://www.freenetname.co.uk/service...adband_max.asp

You can compare service providers at adsl guide.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp
--
Adrian A

Old January 24th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Rob wrote:
: I am happy with the reliability of Wanadoo.

So why go for a different ISP? Wanadoo have been 100% reliable for me but
aren't really suitable for the likes of P2P.
Old January 24th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jack Ouzzi

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:30:31 -0000, "Rob"
wrote:

Hi

A friend is getting a first PC today. I will be setting it up for her, and
she will want to go on BB shortly. Which do you recommend, so that I do not
get called to go around and sort out problems. I have warned her off AOL.

I am happy with the reliability of Wanadoo.

There must be only 10 of you then ...........

www.adsl4less.com

512k UNLIMITED ...... no reductions no speed problems 14.99pm