Cheap ADSL

Old January 24th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

Default Cheap ADSL

What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy with
512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic surfing and
emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

They are not in an unbundled exchange so the cheaper packages for
UKOnline/Bulldog/etc are not available, and I don't think they can get cable
either.

Thanks

Chris

--

[remove the obvious bits]

Old January 24th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duck

http://www.madasafish.com/cheaper

Old January 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Duck wrote:
"CJM" wrote in message
What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy
with 512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic
surfing and emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet
or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

They are not in an unbundled exchange so the cheaper packages for
UKOnline/Bulldog/etc are not available, and I don't think they can
get cable either.

http://www.madasafish.com/cheaper

That is 10.99 for the first 6 months, 16.99 for the next 6 months, then
17.99 per month thereafter. How is that better than 12.95 per month?
--
Adrian A

Old January 24th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"CJM" wrote in message
What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy with
512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic surfing and
emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

They are not in an unbundled exchange so the cheaper packages for
UKOnline/Bulldog/etc are not available, and I don't think they can get
cable either.

Who is 12.95 a month then? Can you post a link?

Old January 24th 06, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Duncan Newell

"SJP" wrote in message

"CJM" wrote in message
What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy with
512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic surfing and
emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

They are not in an unbundled exchange so the cheaper packages for
UKOnline/Bulldog/etc are not available, and I don't think they can get
cable either.

Who is 12.95 a month then? Can you post a link?

UK ONLine do it for 9.99 a month for 1mb

Old January 24th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Duncan Newell wrote:
"SJP" wrote in message

"CJM" wrote in message

They are not in an unbundled exchange so the cheaper packages for
UKOnline/Bulldog/etc are not available, and I don't think they can get
cable either.

Who is 12.95 a month then? Can you post a link?

UK ONLine do it for 9.99 a month for 1mb

But if you read a bit more carefully, CJM indicated that UK Online is
not available on that exchange at present, so that price is presumably
academic in this case... and it looks as if they've stopped offering a
service to anyone who isn't on one of the exchanges they already serve!!

Old January 25th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"SJP" wrote in message

Who is 12.95 a month then? Can you post a link?

Can't remember off-hand. I'll emailed the link then deleted it - I'll see if
I can dig it up...

Chris

Old January 25th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Perrett

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:01:29 -0000, CJM
wrote:

What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

E7even and Euro1net seem to be about the cheapest if you want to pay a
lump sum in advance. Some users have reported big problems with e7even
speeds recently but these problems aren't happening to everyone.

Cheers

James.
Old January 25th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

CJM wrote:
What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy with
512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic surfing and
emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

Newnet are offering 2MB/sec for 11.95 a month plus connection fee with
a one-month minimum contract:

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/

I've just signed up so I can't vouch for the quality of their service.

Tony

Old January 25th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

wrote in message
oups.com...

CJM wrote:
What are the cheapest packages available at the moment?

I'm asking on behalf of a very light user. They would be quite happy with
512Kbps and a 1 or 2 Gig bandwidth cap; they will do basic surfing and
emailing, and occasional download, but no gaming, usenet or p2p.

The cheapest I have found so far is 12.95 for a 12month contract.

Newnet are offering 2MB/sec for 11.95 a month plus connection fee with
a one-month minimum contract:

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/

I've just signed up so I can't vouch for the quality of their service.

Tony

I'd just spotted this... looks promising....