Fast24, any comments, good or bad?

Old January 25th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Fast24, any comments, good or bad?

I'm half looking for a second ADSL provider to use as backup for my
ukfsn one. Back in my ISDN days I used to be with Fast24 Internet who
seemed to provide a reasonable service then.

Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

--
Chris Green

Old January 25th 06, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

wrote in message ...
I'm half looking for a second ADSL provider to use as backup for my
ukfsn one. Back in my ISDN days I used to be with Fast24 Internet who
seemed to provide a reasonable service then.

Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

--
Chris Green

Why do you want to have a second ADSL provider? Nearly all problems you'll
experience will be with the local exhange going tits up - which no matter
how many ADSL providers you have, will be of no help to you.

Does your current ADSL provider have a back up dialup account?

**SS**

Old January 25th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsWD

"SecretSquiddle" wrote in
:

wrote in message
... I'm half looking for a second
ADSL provider to use as backup for my ukfsn one. Back in my ISDN days
I used to be with Fast24 Internet who seemed to provide a reasonable
service then.

Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

Very bad (leaving shortly!)

Still 37.49pm for 2Mbit, News off since the beginning of the month,
regular failures of email and broadband services, and very poor support.

Used to be one of the best, now can't wait to get rid!
Old January 25th 06, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

NewsWD wrote:
"SecretSquiddle" wrote in
:

wrote in message
... I'm half looking for a second
ADSL provider to use as backup for my ukfsn one. Back in my ISDN days
I used to be with Fast24 Internet who seemed to provide a reasonable
service then.

Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

Very bad (leaving shortly!)

Still ?37.49pm for 2Mbit, News off since the beginning of the month,
regular failures of email and broadband services, and very poor support.

Used to be one of the best, now can't wait to get rid!

So that's a 'no' then! :-)

--
Chris Green

Old January 25th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

wrote in message ...
NewsWD wrote:
"SecretSquiddle" wrote in
:

wrote in message
... I'm half looking for a second
ADSL provider to use as backup for my ukfsn one. Back in my ISDN days
I used to be with Fast24 Internet who seemed to provide a reasonable
service then.

Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

Very bad (leaving shortly!)

Still ?37.49pm for 2Mbit, News off since the beginning of the month,
regular failures of email and broadband services, and very poor support.

Used to be one of the best, now can't wait to get rid!

So that's a 'no' then! :-)

--
Chris Green

Give www.zen.co.uk a try. Very reliable, no fuss over usage - and 1 month
contracts, so if you don't like it you can leave.

No the cheapest out there, but you do get a quality service.

**SS**

Old January 26th 06, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

SecretSquiddle wrote:
Does anyone know how good their ADSL is?

Very bad (leaving shortly!)

Still ?37.49pm for 2Mbit, News off since the beginning of the month,
regular failures of email and broadband services, and very poor support.

Used to be one of the best, now can't wait to get rid!

So that's a 'no' then! :-)

Give www.zen.co.uk a try. Very reliable, no fuss over usage - and 1 month
contracts, so if you don't like it you can leave.

No the cheapest out there, but you do get a quality service.

Yes, I know, Zen are on my list of possibles.

--
Chris Green

Old January 26th 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Tony wrote:

I must be missing something here.....

You are...

You want to have ADSL service with two ISPs down one telephone line?

Never stated. Blindingly obvious that it needs another line, which
no doubt Chris, and many others, have. Not everyone considers that
a backup is not just useful, but can be essential (helps also where
there are suspicions about routing issues, or to test hardware with
minimal disruption to day-to-day use of the net). Also handy if you
want one connection with fixed IP and another with dynamic IP (eg a
researcher not wanting to be so easily identified when visiting the
same site several times a month). Peter M.

Old January 26th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:02:14 +0000, Peter M
wrote:

Tony wrote:

I must be missing something here.....

You are...

You want to have ADSL service with two ISPs down one telephone line?

Never stated. Blindingly obvious that it needs another line, which
no doubt Chris, and many others, have.

You know that, I know that, and it turns out now that the OP does too.
The original message looked (wrongly) as if the OP didn't have a clue,
which we now know that he does.

What a waste of bandwidth!

--
Tony