Leaving Pipex - 6 months in...

Old January 25th 06, 11:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

Default Leaving Pipex - 6 months in...

Hi there,

In currently 6 months into my 12 month Pipex 1000 ADSL service and I want to
leave. I read somewhere I might have to pay 50 + VAT.

Is this correct?

Old January 25th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

"miav" wrote in
:

In currently 6 months into my 12 month Pipex 1000 ADSL service and I
want to leave. I read somewhere I might have to pay 50 + VAT.

Is this correct?

I hope not.

I'm in the same position as you - 6 months into PIPEX.

If they do charge 50 quid - they'll be terribly uncompetitive.
Old January 25th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"miav" wrote in message
Hi there,

In currently 6 months into my 12 month Pipex 1000 ADSL service and I want
leave. I read somewhere I might have to pay 50 + VAT.

Is this correct?

If you paid your setup fees at the outset, then leaving won't cost you a
penny. However, many people took advantage of Plusnet's arrangement whereby
you dont pay the setup fee upfront, but you pay some or all of it if you
leave within 5 years - the longer you stay, the less it costs...

CJM

Old January 25th 06, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:56:53 +0000, CJM wrote:

"miav" wrote in message
Hi there,

In currently 6 months into my 12 month Pipex 1000 ADSL service and I
want to
leave. I read somewhere I might have to pay 50 + VAT.

Is this correct?

If you paid your setup fees at the outset, then leaving won't cost you a
penny. However, many people took advantage of Plusnet's arrangement
whereby you dont pay the setup fee upfront, but you pay some or all of it
if you leave within 5 years - the longer you stay, the less it costs...

CJM

What has this got to do with the OP's request to leave Pipex?
--
Regards
Tony

Old January 25th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

"Tim Hodgson" wrote in message
nvalid...
miav wrote:

Yes:

http://www.pipex.net/legal/terms-conditions/xtreme/

Where does it say I have to pay money?

Old January 25th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Tony Hogarty wrote:

"miav" wrote in message

I read somewhere I might have to pay 50 + VAT.

SNIPPED

What has this got to do with the OP's request to leave Pipex?

A query, and example, of how someone getting a 'free' connection might
well have to pay the ISP some fee if they decide to leave within a
period of time.,.. 12 months with many ISPs, 60 months with P.N

Old January 25th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CGA

miav wrote:

Yes:

http://www.pipex.net/legal/terms-conditions/xtreme/

Where does it say I have to pay money?

If you'd looked at the link you'd see:
"Minimum Period of Service"
(a) For customers using PIPEX Solo, PIPEX Lite, PIPEX Start, PIPEX 1000 and
PIPEX 2000 - The minimum period will be one (1) month from the commencement
date.
(b) For customers using PIPEX Business, and Home Office and PIPEX Teleworker
services - The minimum period of service will be three (3) months from the
commencement date.
(c) For customers using PIPEX Managed Business services - The minimum period
of service will be twelve (12) months from the commencement date.
(d) For customers using PIPEX Talk the minimum period will be one (1) month
from the commencement date
Please note: All Customers that have not incurred a set up or joining fee
and terminate services within the first twelve (12) months of service from
the commencement date will be required to pay a one-off fee of 50.00 + VAT
(58.75 Inc VAT).

Old January 25th 06, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CJM

"Peter M" wrote in message

What has this got to do with the OP's request to leave Pipex?

A query, and example, of how someone getting a 'free' connection might
well have to pay the ISP some fee if they decide to leave within a
period of time.,.. 12 months with many ISPs, 60 months with P.N

It *is* a demonstrative example. but to be fair to Tony, I *did* misread the
OP and thought he was on about Plusnet. Oops.

Old January 25th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

"CGA" wrote in message
Please note: All Customers that have not incurred a set up or joining fee

and terminate services within the first twelve (12) months of service from
the commencement date will be required to pay a one-off fee of 50.00 + VAT
(58.75 Inc VAT).

many thanks... Small price to pay as I've been having loads of problems with
them... I'm glad to get shot of them.

Old January 25th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:37:01 +0000, CJM wrote:

"Peter M" wrote in message

What has this got to do with the OP's request to leave Pipex?

A query, and example, of how someone getting a 'free' connection might
well have to pay the ISP some fee if they decide to leave within a
period of time.,.. 12 months with many ISPs, 60 months with P.N

It *is* a demonstrative example. but to be fair to Tony, I *did* misread
the OP and thought he was on about Plusnet. Oops.

I thought you might have