Unlimited Broadband query

Old January 25th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vdkjll

Default Unlimited Broadband query

Hello helpers :-)

Please could you tell me what unlimited really means? Does web browsing and
msn messenger (using webcam sometimes) count as downloading? Or do they just
mean files ie music and programmes games & email?

Also is 1meg enough for 4 hours browsing 1/2 hour msn single persons emails
+ spam (of course)

Please respond this is a genuine enquiry

Thanks

--
Vj

Old January 27th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"Vdkjll" wrote in message
news Hello helpers :-)

Please could you tell me what unlimited really means? Does web browsing and
msn messenger (using webcam sometimes) count as downloading? Or do they just
mean files ie music and programmes games & email?

Also is 1meg enough for 4 hours browsing 1/2 hour msn single persons emails
+ spam (of course)

Please respond this is a genuine enquiry

Thanks

--
Vj

Unlimited means very little these days. Many of the bigger ISP's claim to
have an unlimited service, with fair usaged restrictions - which is crap!

ISP's will count EVERYTHING you download and upload, and sometimes not even
bother counting before slapping your virtual wrists!

I would only consider a service that was truely unlimited. There are a few
out there.

www.zen.co.uk is one of the better ones, although not the cheapest - they
really mean unlimited. I think AOL are a proper unlimited service too.

Broadband shouldn't be about clock watching - that belongs to the dark days
of dialup, circa 1998

**SS**

Old January 27th 06, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

SecretSquiddle wrote:
"Vdkjll" wrote in message
news Hello helpers :-)

Please could you tell me what unlimited really means? Does web
browsing and msn messenger (using webcam sometimes) count as
downloading? Or do they just mean files ie music and programmes
games
& email?

Also is 1meg enough for 4 hours browsing 1/2 hour msn single persons
emails + spam (of course)

Please respond this is a genuine enquiry

It basically means whatever your ISP want it to mean, coming from a
person who signed up to a 'Premier Unlimited' service who now nots
only has 3 different caps but also has traffic shaping to cope with as
well (there's a cap for off peak, a cap for peak time & a cap on
usenet usage as well)..

Old January 28th 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:23:09 -0000, "Kraftee"
wrote:

SecretSquiddle wrote:
"Vdkjll" wrote in message
news Hello helpers :-)

Please could you tell me what unlimited really means? Does web
browsing and msn messenger (using webcam sometimes) count as
downloading? Or do they just mean files ie music and programmes
games
& email?

Also is 1meg enough for 4 hours browsing 1/2 hour msn single persons
emails + spam (of course)

Please respond this is a genuine enquiry

It basically means whatever your ISP want it to mean, coming from a
person who signed up to a 'Premier Unlimited' service who now nots
only has 3 different caps but also has traffic shaping to cope with as
well (there's a cap for off peak, a cap for peak time & a cap on
usenet usage as well)..

usenet usage as well)..

It's disgusting how trading standards and the advertising authority
both do sod all about all these lies and false claims made by
companies such as Tiscali, etc, who still advertise 'Unlimited BB' in
large letters with smaller 'fair use', which means caps - companies
seemingly get away with outright lies every bloody day. Same as cereal
companies claiming 'healthy for you, you will lose weight - when their
products are full of sugar and salt, and you only lose weight by
eating sod all - which is bad for your health and heart (you can get
holes in your heart from constant dieting).
Old February 1st 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Vdkjll" wrote in message
news : Hello helpers :-)
:
: Please could you tell me what unlimited really means? Does web browsing
and
: msn messenger (using webcam sometimes) count as downloading? Or do they
just
: mean files ie music and programmes games & email?
:
: Also is 1meg enough for 4 hours browsing 1/2 hour msn single persons
emails
: + spam (of course)
:
: Please respond this is a genuine enquiry
:
: Thanks
:
: --
: Vj
:
:
All the above is downloads / uploads ,unlimited is means different things to
different ISPs.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk