Can I get 2Meg with these figures?

Old January 25th 06, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default Can I get 2Meg with these figures?

Hi,

Are these figures likely to allow me to get 2MBit connection?

ADSL Link : Downstream : Upstream

Connection Speed 1152kbps 288kbps
Line Attenuation 46db 12.5db
Noise Margin 21db 28db

Thanks Dave

Old January 26th 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:53:16 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

Are these figures likely to allow me to get 2MBit connection?

its the checker that decides. The attenuation is too high for current
BT 2M product but the checker may think its OK - it would work.

Phil
--
http://www.notspot.info/ - if you can't get the Broadband you want.
Old January 26th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronald Jones

In message , Dave
writes
Hi,

Are these figures likely to allow me to get 2MBit connection?

ADSL Link : Downstream : Upstream

Connection Speed 1152kbps 288kbps
Line Attenuation 46db 12.5db
Noise Margin 21db 28db

Sorry to appear dim BUT how do you obtain these figures ?
I just get message on the BT info page to say I can may be get ADSL at
512 or 256 and an engineer may be required due to line length.
I can see the exchange from my house its in centre of 4miles away but
the line is 6.4 miles I have been getting 450 cps on the PLUSNET speed
tester but it has fallen lower than this 390 some times this past month
Regards and sorry if I have intruded
UNHAPPY BUNNIE

--
Ronald Jones
Old January 26th 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
James Bailey

wrote:

Hi,

Are these figures likely to allow me to get 2MBit connection?

ADSL Link : Downstream : Upstream

Connection Speed 1152kbps 288kbps
Line Attenuation 46db 12.5db
Noise Margin 21db 28db

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately your attenuation of 46dB is just outside BT's limit of
43dB for a 2mbps service.

Sorry :/

James Bailey
PlusNet/Metronet Comms
Old January 26th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Ronald Jones wrote:

In message , Dave
writes

ADSL Link : Downstream : Upstream

Connection Speed 1152kbps 288kbps
Line Attenuation 46db 12.5db
Noise Margin 21db 28db

Sorry to appear dim BUT how do you obtain these figures ?

Various routers will display this info. USB modems might show
it too, but everything depends on the equipment you are using.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm may help you out
(not my site, but also, not limited to the Alcatel 'frog')

Old January 26th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article ,
says...
Unfortunately your attenuation of 46dB is just outside BT's limit of
43dB for a 2mbps service.

Hi James,

Is it 43dBm? Thought it was 45? Either way, i reckon they'd connect
him.
Old January 26th 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article ,
says...

Unfortunately your attenuation of 46dB is just outside BT's limit of
43dB for a 2mbps service.

Oh, to add to that - my line atten is 45dbm and i have 2mbit, no
problems (with Zen).
Old January 26th 06, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

His SNR will still be around 14 if he gets upgraded to 2Mb so should work
flawlessly. However his attenuation is slightly above BT's conservative
limits so he might have a problem getting them to upgrade to 2Mb. Might have
to request a manual order.

Dan