Belkin F5D7139 - Use as a wireless bridge.

Old January 26th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Belkin F5D7139 - Use as a wireless bridge.

Has any managed to use a Belkin F5D7130 Wireless Access Point / Range
Extender (WAP/RE) as a Wireless Bridge from a Netgear DG834Gv2
Wireless Modem Router.

Desired configuration is as follows.

ADSL (BT line) - DG834G
DG834G -wireless- PC #1
DG834G -wireless- WAP/RE
WAP/RE-LAN cable- PC #2

(The WAP/RE and PC #2 are intended to be installed in my external
'workshop').

The reason for attempting this is that:
1. PC #2 is a slim line desktop Dell m/c, has wired LAN on motherboard
and no spare PCI slots and was donated to me!
2. I have the WAP/RE lying around doing nothing!

The Belkin instruction manual states that this configuration is
supported *but* Belkin web site offers no support for bridging
unless router *and* WRE/AP are both Belkin products. It refers me to
any other products' manufacturers to verify that they support wireless
bridging / range extension.

There is no information, AFAICS, on the Netgear web site about
bridging. I have emailed Netgear to ask if bridging is supported on
the DG834G, but so far I have had no reply.

If anyone has managed bridging with a DG834Gv2 and an F5D7130 I
would appreciate some clues, having tried for a couple of days to get
the bridging to work - with no success.

If no clues then I will invest in a wireless USB adapter.

--
cerberus
Old January 26th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote in message

Has any managed to use a Belkin F5D7130 Wireless Access Point / Range
Extender (WAP/RE) as a Wireless Bridge from a Netgear DG834Gv2
Wireless Modem Router.

Desired configuration is as follows.

ADSL (BT line) - DG834G
DG834G -wireless- PC #1
DG834G -wireless- WAP/RE
WAP/RE-LAN cable- PC #2

(The WAP/RE and PC #2 are intended to be installed in my external
'workshop').

Why not use the Belkin wireless game adapter F5D7330uk?

Old January 29th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 19:01:23 GMT, "[email protected]"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Has any managed to use a Belkin F5D7130 Wireless Access Point / Range
Extender (WAP/RE) as a Wireless Bridge from a Netgear DG834Gv2
Wireless Modem Router.

Desired configuration is as follows.

ADSL (BT line) - DG834G
DG834G -wireless- PC #1
DG834G -wireless- WAP/RE
WAP/RE-LAN cable- PC #2

(The WAP/RE and PC #2 are intended to be installed in my external
'workshop').

Why not use the Belkin wireless game adapter F5D7330uk?

Thanks for the pointer to the F5D7330uk. It would be more expensive
than the USB solution. In view of lack of any response to the bridge
configuration / set up and the availability of USB on the PC, I've
abandoned the bridge idea and gone for the USB wireless solution. .
It is all up and running now.

--
cerberus