Don't even think about going near Pipex!

Old January 27th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Don't even think about going near Pipex!

I am still waiting three weeks after contacting Pipex for my Mac code
so that I can move to another service provider.

I have phoned them a number of times and each time they promise that
the code will be supplied the following day but nothing happens.

One day I got home to find not only was there no Mac code waiting for
me but Pipex had also decided to terminate my broadband internet
connection without any authorisation on my part.

Each time I phone them I have to wait (no matter what the time of day)
for over half an hour.

A terrible, terrible company. They are inefficient, it feels as if
there are only three people manning their customer service lines at any
time (and I have had to phone them for cock-ups on their part at all
hours of the day.); a big BIG thumbs down.

Old January 27th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...

I've sent them a fax to get my MAC, and they sent one by email with in 24
hours...

please note.

"CANCELLATION CHARGES
If your current PIPEX Broadband service is still
within its first 12 months a cancellation fee of 58.75
(Inc VAT) and a modem fee - if applicable - of 20
(Inc VAT), will be charged to your account. Also any
incentives previously given to you on the basis that
you remain a PIPEX customer for another 12 months
will also be charged back to you - if applicable. These
will be processed within the next few days."

Old January 27th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Well bully for you Mr
Probably-Paid-By-Pipex-To-Write-How-Wonderful-They-Are.

Old January 27th 06, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

I love the 'please note' section above laying down Company Policy.

Note to Da Boys Down On the Pipex Ranch: when getting one of your
skivvies to write in saying how wonderful they are, at least don't have
them quoting from the handbook.

Old January 27th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am still waiting three weeks after contacting Pipex for my Mac code
so that I can move to another service provider.

I have phoned them a number of times and each time they promise that
the code will be supplied the following day but nothing happens.

That's because your billing date would have meant that they could not have
charged you for an additional month. You'll get it soon now.

AMO

Old January 27th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well bully for you Mr
Probably-Paid-By-Pipex-To-Write-How-Wonderful-They-Are.

And you have never wondered why the company has ignored you! They probably
have a right laugh each time you phone.

Old January 27th 06, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Steve wrote:
[...]

At least they were answering the phone, the ISP which musn't be
mentioned was so overloaded with calls last night all I got was
equipment engaged tones (as against line engaged tones which is
completely different)...