Eclipse - Do they have Time Servers customers can sync their PCs with?

Old January 29th 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default Eclipse - Do they have Time Servers customers can sync their PCs with?

As per subject, can't find an answer on their site ...

If not Eclipse, can anyone suggest a good UK time server to point my router
to?

Old January 29th 06, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

131.216.1.101

Works for me. It is located at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas with
the name of cuckoo! I like the irony of using a cuckoo clock for a hi tech
application.

--
Peter Crosland

Old January 29th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dougal

Peter Crosland wrote:

131.216.1.101

Works for me. It is located at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas with
the name of cuckoo! I like the irony of using a cuckoo clock for a hi tech
application.

or

130.88.202.49
130.88.200.98
192.43.244.18
131.216.1.101
212.104.129.221

Enough?

Old January 29th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Jones

or

130.88.202.49
130.88.200.98
192.43.244.18
131.216.1.101
212.104.129.221

Enough?

or there are 52 servers that will reply to uk.pool.ntp.org

http://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/uk
Old January 29th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Thanks for the impressively quick response (though some of you seemed to
miss the UK bit)!

I've a feeling that the next question might be how to get the NTP through
the router's firewall ... I'll give it a go now ...

. uk...

Old January 29th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Java Jive wrote:
Thanks for the impressively quick response (though some of you seemed
to miss the UK bit)!

The UK bit is irrelevant.

Old January 29th 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Java Jive wrote:
Thanks for the impressively quick response (though some of you seemed to
miss the UK bit)!

I've a feeling that the next question might be how to get the NTP through
the router's firewall ... I'll give it a go now ...

Port 37 ISTR ?

--
Mark
Old January 29th 06, 07:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Yup, thought so ...

I have a Dynamode router with a Conexant chipset, driver software by Hasbani
(though it's actually connected via ethernet rather than USB):
Firmware Version: CX82xxx_4.1.0.13
Customer Software Version: ARTCX-UDM.060204.00FA

Under Misc Configuration, I've set up the SNTP Settings with the correct
time zone, daylight savings time, and tried several of the IPs suggested,
saved the settings and rebooted, but according to the system log it's 1970
(I know for sure it's not, 'cos in 1970 I used to be able to get jeans with
long enough legs to fit me, now I can't).

I've tried enabling port 123 and, as suggested, port 37 in the firewall, and
even temporarily disabling it altogether, but it made no difference.

Anyone any ideas how ...
1) I can get the router's time server to work?
2) Where I can find a firmware upgrade if needed?

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Thanks for the impressively quick response (though some of you seemed to
miss the UK bit)!

I've a feeling that the next question might be how to get the NTP through
the router's firewall ... I'll give it a go now ...

. uk...

Old January 29th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:10:13 UTC, Mark Carver
wrote:

Java Jive wrote:
Thanks for the impressively quick response (though some of you seemed to
miss the UK bit)!

I've a feeling that the next question might be how to get the NTP through
the router's firewall ... I'll give it a go now ...

Port 37 ISTR ?

Nope. That's not NTP. 123 would be more like it.

euthanasia recommended. ]