A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Wanadoo account problem



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 30th 06, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan R Williams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Wanadoo account problem

Hello,

I've been unable to log onto my wanadoo broadband account since Friday
(27th Jan). I've tried their "technical support" six times without any
success. Two of the helpers claimed it was due to updating the
broadband speed, but this morning I tried accessing my e-mail via their
website, i.e. not via a broadband link, and it has the same problem. My
best guess is that wanadoo have somehow frozen or corrupted my account
information. The last helper basically gave up and suggested I try the
website again in several hours; she said that she would be annoyed if
she was me :-)

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get a sensible
response out of wanadoo? Ringing technical support doesn't get much
support and the customer/billing bods just forward me to the technical
support.

Alan
  #2  
Old January 30th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,969
Default Wanadoo account problem



"Alan R Williams" wrote in message

Hello,

I've been unable to log onto my wanadoo broadband account
since Friday (27th Jan). I've tried their "technical
support" six times without any success. Two of the
helpers claimed it was due to updating the broadband
speed, but this morning I tried accessing my e-mail via
their website, i.e. not via a broadband link, and it has
the same problem. My best guess is that wanadoo have
somehow frozen or corrupted my account information. The
last helper basically gave up and suggested I try the
website again in several hours; she said that she would
be annoyed if she was me :-)
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get
a sensible response out of wanadoo? Ringing technical
support doesn't get much support and the customer/billing
bods just forward me to the technical support.

Alan


Have you just had a speed upgrade from 1 to 2MB..? This happened to me
too, the cure was to switch back to the original login ID. When I first
had the 512 service my login was then when I
went to 1MB they changed the part after the @ to simpy @fs. Then when it
went to 2MB they reverted to the original login, but didn't tell me. It
took an hour to get a supervisor who had some idea of what had happened
before I was told this.

Try it, it may work for you as well..!

Ivor


  #3  
Old January 30th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan R Williams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Wanadoo account problem

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Alan R Williams" wrote in message


Hello,

I've been unable to log onto my wanadoo broadband account
since Friday (27th Jan). I've tried their "technical
support" six times without any success. Two of the
helpers claimed it was due to updating the broadband
speed, but this morning I tried accessing my e-mail via
their website, i.e. not via a broadband link, and it has
the same problem. My best guess is that wanadoo have
somehow frozen or corrupted my account information. The
last helper basically gave up and suggested I try the
website again in several hours; she said that she would
be annoyed if she was me :-)
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get
a sensible response out of wanadoo? Ringing technical
support doesn't get much support and the customer/billing
bods just forward me to the technical support.

Alan



Have you just had a speed upgrade from 1 to 2MB..?


Supposedly my broadband is being upgraded from 512 to 8Mb. It's
actually gone from 512 to 0 :-)

This happened to me
too, the cure was to switch back to the original login ID. When I first
had the 512 service my login was then when I
went to 1MB they changed the part after the @ to simpy @fs. Then when it
went to 2MB they reverted to the original login, but didn't tell me. It
took an hour to get a supervisor who had some idea of what had happened
before I was told this.


How did you manage to get hold of a supervisor? The standard of the
technical support staff has varied between "very good" to "worse than
useless".

At the technical supporters' suggestion, I've tried fs,
bb2.freeserve.co.uk and bb1, bb3 and bb4. They've also tried altering
my password with no effect.

I don't think it's anything to do with the broadband itself as the web
login is also screwed up. I think they did something very bad to my
account settings when they tried to upgrade the broadband. Apparently
they're not allowed to try to log in as me, which I can understand, but
that means they can't do the first level of debugging i.e. replicate the
problem :-(

Try it, it may work for you as well..!


Thanks anyway. One good thing is that I now appreciate the support
staff at work much more :-)

Ivor


Alan
  #4  
Old January 30th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Wanadoo account problem



Alan R Williams wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:
"Alan R Williams" wrote in message


Hello,

I've been unable to log onto my wanadoo broadband account
since Friday (27th Jan). I've tried their "technical
support" six times without any success. Two of the
helpers claimed it was due to updating the broadband
speed, but this morning I tried accessing my e-mail via
their website, i.e. not via a broadband link, and it has
the same problem. My best guess is that wanadoo have
somehow frozen or corrupted my account information. The
last helper basically gave up and suggested I try the
website again in several hours; she said that she would
be annoyed if she was me :-)
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get
a sensible response out of wanadoo? Ringing technical
support doesn't get much support and the customer/billing
bods just forward me to the technical support.

Alan



Have you just had a speed upgrade from 1 to 2MB..?


Supposedly my broadband is being upgraded from 512 to 8Mb. It's
actually gone from 512 to 0 :-)

This happened to me
too, the cure was to switch back to the original login ID. When I
first had the 512 service my login was
then when I went to 1MB they changed the part after the @ to simpy
@fs. Then when it went to 2MB they reverted to the original login,
but didn't tell me. It took an hour to get a supervisor who had
some
idea of what had happened before I was told this.


How did you manage to get hold of a supervisor? The standard of the
technical support staff has varied between "very good" to "worse
than
useless".

At the technical supporters' suggestion, I've tried fs,
bb2.freeserve.co.uk and bb1, bb3 and bb4. They've also tried
altering
my password with no effect.

I don't think it's anything to do with the broadband itself as the
web
login is also screwed up. I think they did something very bad to my
account settings when they tried to upgrade the broadband.
Apparently
they're not allowed to try to log in as me, which I can understand,
but that means they can't do the first level of debugging i.e.
replicate the problem :-(

Try it, it may work for you as well..!


Thanks anyway. One good thing is that I now appreciate the support
staff at work much more :-)

Ivor


Alan


Are you getting synch? If not they may have upgraded you out of your
lines limitations...


  #5  
Old February 1st 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan R Williams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Wanadoo account problem

I've just had more fun with their "technical support". I e-mailed them
a query about my problem (of them corrupting/disabling my account). I
received an acknowledgment with an assigned confirmation number. They
replied (quoting the number) asking for some confirmation details to
check that I am me. I replied (quoting the number) giving those details
and have just received back an e-mail (with a different number) asking
me to send them a query! Waaah!

So they managed to lose track of my question despite its confirmation
number being specified in all the correspondence. It's no wonder their
server's lost my account details :-(

Alan
  #6  
Old February 1st 06, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan R Williams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Wanadoo account problem

Gzl wrote:
"Alan R Williams" wrote in message
...

I've just had more fun with their "technical support". I e-mailed


them

a query about my problem (of them corrupting/disabling my account). I
received an acknowledgment with an assigned confirmation number. They
replied (quoting the number) asking for some confirmation details to
check that I am me. I replied (quoting the number) giving those


details

and have just received back an e-mail (with a different number) asking
me to send them a query! Waaah!

So they managed to lose track of my question despite its confirmation
number being specified in all the correspondence. It's no wonder


their

server's lost my account details :-(



If you're gettin 'invalid user/pass' I had that prob the other day, I
called them up and was told it's happenin a lot since the upgrades.


Yes. Using broadband I get "access denied : username or password is
invalid in this domain" or something like that. It isn't a problem with
the broadband itself though as a similar problem happens when trying to
log onto the website. I think they've seriously messed up the content
of the servers' database.

He tried settin up a test account, but that wasn't connectin either.
Said he'd sort it out, and within a couple of hours It was back on
again.
If anything call em back, and ask em to set up a test account to try and
connect with?


Good idea. They haven't tried that with me yet. I've spoken to six
different "technical support" people but only two of them seemed to be
any good :-( I'll try to summon the mental strength to cope with
another call :-)

Thanks,

Alan

  #7  
Old February 1st 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default Wanadoo account problem



Alan R Williams wrote:

Yes. Using broadband I get "access denied : username or password is
invalid in this domain" or something like that. It isn't a problem
with the broadband itself though as a similar problem happens when
trying to log onto the website. I think they've seriously messed up
the content of the servers' database.


It won't be the first time an ISP has done that & it probably won't be
the last...


  #8  
Old February 2nd 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan R Williams
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Wanadoo account problem

Kraftee wrote:
Alan R Williams wrote:


Yes. Using broadband I get "access denied : username or password is
invalid in this domain" or something like that. It isn't a problem
with the broadband itself though as a similar problem happens when
trying to log onto the website. I think they've seriously messed up
the content of the servers' database.



It won't be the first time an ISP has done that & it probably won't be
the last...


I just had an e-mail from them. They asked me to describe my problem.
Sadly, thir message was a reply to one where I detailed the problem;
they also carefully excluded my original messsage :-(

I've given up hope and will be changing my ISP next week.

Alan
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanadoo wireless: connection drop problem pyramid uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 January 2nd 06 07:30 PM
Wanadoo / BT broadand problem - no ADSL carrier? Martin Underwood uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 17 October 7th 05 08:22 PM
Miserable experience with Wanadoo. Wanadoo Broadband review UK. thecq uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 2 October 5th 04 02:57 PM
Technical help needed with wanadoo problem! Si uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 October 2nd 04 12:14 PM
Wanadoo....problem (techinical) Si uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 2 October 1st 04 09:47 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.