plus net threat letter

Old January 30th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default plus net threat letter

I have been with Plus.net for about 3 weeks on their 14.99 premier account.
Up until today I have used 6.9Gb according to their online stats. Yet they
have sent me an email warning me that my usage exceeds the monthly
allowance.
What the heck is going on? Their website states the "clean allowance" is
20Gb a month. My usage this month will end up being less than 10Gb, it was
only even that much so far because I downloaded some linux isos. usually it
is far less.

Old January 30th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mark eldon

Their figures are on upstream and downstream added together

"Beck" wrote in message
I have been with Plus.net for about 3 weeks on their 14.99 premier
account. Up until today I have used 6.9Gb according to their online

stats.
Yet they have sent me an email warning me that my usage exceeds the

monthly
allowance.
What the heck is going on? Their website states the "clean allowance"

is
20Gb a month. My usage this month will end up being less than 10Gb, it
was only even that much so far because I downloaded some linux isos.
usually it is far less.

It has removed 0 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Old January 30th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Beck" wrote in message
I have been with Plus.net for about 3 weeks on their 14.99 premier
account. Up until today I have used 6.9Gb according to their online stats.
Yet they have sent me an email warning me that my usage exceeds the monthly
allowance.
What the heck is going on? Their website states the "clean allowance" is
20Gb a month. My usage this month will end up being less than 10Gb, it
was only even that much so far because I downloaded some linux isos.
usually it is far less.

Write a letter to them, stating that you have only used 50% of their
allowance and that any more letters like this will result in you seeking to
null your contract with them as they have broken their side of the contract.

Sent the letter Special Delivery (so that they can sign it) and address it
to either the MD of the Manager of Customer Services.

Old January 30th 06, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AMO

"Beck" wrote in message
I have been with Plus.net for about 3 weeks on their 14.99 premier
account. Up until today I have used 6.9Gb according to their online stats.
Yet they have sent me an email warning me that my usage exceeds the monthly
allowance.
What the heck is going on? Their website states the "clean allowance" is
20Gb a month. My usage this month will end up being less than 10Gb, it
was only even that much so far because I downloaded some linux isos.
usually it is far less.

This does not sound good. Whilst traffic shaping is something that is a
necessity to avoid everyone paying more, or paying more if you go over a
certain limit, certainly 6.9Gb is not that much.

PlusNet may be overdoing it at the moment. Something they need to monitor -
otherwise they'll find one day the whole world turning against them.

AMO

Old January 30th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

mark eldon wrote:
Their figures are on upstream and downstream added together

Its the figure they state on their traffic monitor.

Old January 30th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

ABC wrote:
Write a letter to them, stating that you have only used 50% of their
allowance and that any more letters like this will result in you
seeking to null your contract with them as they have broken their
side of the contract.
Sent the letter Special Delivery (so that they can sign it) and
address it to either the MD of the Manager of Customer Services.

It looks like I have been getting my products confused. It appears that I
am on the Broadband Plus product which has a limit of only 5Gb a month. I
didn't realise the 14.99 a month package was only 5Gb - is that a new
change?

Old January 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

AMO wrote:
This does not sound good. Whilst traffic shaping is something that
is a necessity to avoid everyone paying more, or paying more if you
go over a certain limit, certainly 6.9Gb is not that much.

PlusNet may be overdoing it at the moment. Something they need to
monitor - otherwise they'll find one day the whole world turning
against them.

Stop Press. Apparently the 14.99 package has a limit of only 5Gb, I was a
bit mislead by their sales team. I should have checked. I have now upgraded
to the 21.99 package as I don't want to have to monitor what I use. My
average for one month is about 5Gb but I don;t want to be worried about
threats again. Perhaps this is why they do it, to get people on bigger
packages?

Old January 30th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Beck wrote:

14.99 premier account.

14.99 sounds like the Broadband Plus account, not Premier 21.99.

Broadband Plus has a 5 GB ceiling before speed would be reduced.

Old January 30th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Beck wrote:
AMO wrote:
This does not sound good. Whilst traffic shaping is something that
is a necessity to avoid everyone paying more, or paying more if you
go over a certain limit, certainly 6.9Gb is not that much.

PlusNet may be overdoing it at the moment. Something they need to
monitor - otherwise they'll find one day the whole world turning
against them.

Stop Press. Apparently the 14.99 package has a limit of only 5Gb,
was a bit mislead by their sales team. I should have checked. I
have
now upgraded to the 21.99 package as I don't want to have to
monitor
what I use. My average for one month is about 5Gb but I don;t want
to be worried about threats again. Perhaps this is why they do it,
to get people on bigger packages?

You've been mis-sold again you still have to monitor your usage on the
21.99 package & you have 3 different FUP limits (caps to you & me) to
contend with.
A) The off peak usage
B) The on peak usage
C) The usenet usage

I kid you not & by the way on peak is any time between 08:00 & 00:00
off peak is 00:00 to 08:00

Still think you've got nothing to worry about???

Old January 30th 06, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Kraftee wrote:

You've been mis-sold again you still have to monitor your usage on the
21.99 package & you have 3 different FUP limits (caps to you & me) to
contend with.
A) The off peak usage
B) The on peak usage
C) The usenet usage

I kid you not & by the way on peak is any time between 08:00 & 00:00
off peak is 00:00 to 08:00

Still think you've got nothing to worry about???

Peak on premier is 4pm to midnight, so I still have during the day when I
can download what I need.