Freedom2Surf

Old January 30th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Usenet

Default Freedom2Surf

Hi all,
Does anyone hear know anything about the diabolical fiasco we are
having at f2s?.

Customers have been affected with very bad speeds, The speed has picked up a
little for the ADSL customers but for the customers on LLU speeds are still
very bad, By bad i mean very bad sometimes so slow that 56k modems would
thrash the speed obtained (this is not a joke i am serious).

It started in December and has got worse and worse through January, For
example at 3.30 this morning

I download a word document from http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk the size of
the document was 403KB and took 1minute and 28seconds to download, the final
speed was 4.58KBps.

After the document i downloaded a file from
http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm, The file was 260KB in size and
took 1minute 12seconds to download, The final speed was 3.61KBps.

(not any p2p) Upload speed at odd times have dropped as low as 12Kbps and
download speed has beeneven lower.

This evening at 20.07 i downloaded a 8Mb speedtest file from
f2s(http://www.freedom2surf.net/test8.zip), The download took 4mins 43secs
and the total speed was 28.9KBps.

Over at adslguide.org.uk there is lots of discussions but nobody really
knows anything, We have had promises by f2s that the situation will be
resolved on a date (more than once), the date comes and passes but things
remain the same. http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=f2s
makes very interesting reading.

Personaly the speedtests i have done are ftp files of at least 100Mb, Dan
Elwells BBST, F2S 2Mb & 8Mb testfiles and the adslguide speedtests.

So does anybody on this group have any ideas?, I am a regular lurker in this
group (2years+) but have not seen any mention of this.