Poor adsl performance

Old January 30th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Poor adsl performance

I am getting CRC and HEC errors on my F2S adsl connection.

SNR Margin - Local 18.0 Remote 0.0
Attenuation - Local 49.0 Remote 28.0
Transmit Power - Local 11.55 Remote 16.28

Any ideas what the problem may be as the internet is poor and applications
such as IM keep disconnecting.

Old January 30th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Usenet

I think you need to read here
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=f2s

It is an ongoing situation you are not alone and f2s is to blame

Old February 7th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

In article ,
says...
Chris wrote:
In article ,
says...

I am getting CRC and HEC errors on my F2S adsl connection.

SNR Margin - Local 18.0 Remote 0.0
Attenuation - Local 49.0 Remote 28.0
Transmit Power - Local 11.55 Remote 16.28

Any ideas what the problem may be as the internet is poor and applications
such as IM keep disconnecting.

Have you thought about investing in an ADSL face plate from
http://www.clarity.it ? That would more than likely improve your SNR by
a noticeable amount.

its at 18db!

No, that's what it was at when the OP checked! My SNR varies from 8-25
depending on the time of day! With a faceplate you stand a much better
chance of keeping a consistently decent SNR. So, my original point
stands - try a faceplate.
Old February 7th 06, 09:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Chris wrote:
In article ,
says...
Chris wrote:
In article ,
says...

I am getting CRC and HEC errors on my F2S adsl connection.

SNR Margin - Local 18.0 Remote 0.0
Attenuation - Local 49.0 Remote 28.0
Transmit Power - Local 11.55 Remote 16.28

Any ideas what the problem may be as the internet is poor and
applications such as IM keep disconnecting.

Have you thought about investing in an ADSL face plate from
http://www.clarity.it ? That would more than likely improve your
SNR by a noticeable amount.

its at 18db!

No, that's what it was at when the OP checked! My SNR varies from
8-25
depending on the time of day! With a faceplate you stand a much
better
chance of keeping a consistently decent SNR. So, my original point
stands - try a faceplate.

Seconded, a faceplate filter solves multiple problems caused by
internal wiring & it does stabilize the SNR to a great extent. Using
one can also cure problems with CLI displays as well.

It's not a cure-all but it does go a long way towards being one. The
problem then presents itself of how to get the actual DSL signal to
where it ia required, which I will leave to your imagination (taking
the fact that somebody will actually read this posting)

Little hint if you're going to have a paid for ADSL Health Check make
sure a faceplate filter is fitted & that they don't just do the
'dirty' quick fix of disconnecting the bell wire. It's not up to
standard & could give you or anybody moving into your house at a later
date, problems as you'll forget you've had it done & they won't know
it's been done, having said that if you're doing it for yourself, that
is another matter entirely.