blueyonder SPAMS its customers (again)

Old January 31st 06, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

Default blueyonder SPAMS its customers (again)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:02:29 -0000, "Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c
o m wrote:

blueyonder users have received SPAM

Why do you capitalise spam?
Old January 31st 06, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bolt

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Gzl wrote:-

.. .
o m wrote:

blueyonder users have received SPAM

Why do you capitalise spam?

To differentiate between SPAM and spam.
SPAM is bad...

You don't like the meat-like product[0] that Hormel make? I wouldn't
worry about it. Quite a few people don't like it, myself included.

I don't want you thinkin they're throwin that spam stuff at them.

I don't think that anyone would like either SPAM(TM), especially if it's
still in the tins, or spam[1] thrown at them.

[0] Otherwise known as SPAM which is, incidentally, the registered
trademark of Hormel.

[1] Spam, or spam, is the crap that gets dumped into email boxes.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
AMD1800 1Gb WinXP/SUSE 9.3 | AMD2400 256Mb SuSE 9.0 | A3010 4Mb RISCOS 3.11
Old February 1st 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
barry

David Bolt wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Gzl wrote:-

. ..

o m wrote:

blueyonder users have received SPAM

Why do you capitalise spam?

To differentiate between SPAM and spam.
SPAM is bad...

You don't like the meat-like product[0] that Hormel make? I wouldn't
worry about it. Quite a few people don't like it, myself included.

its actually not bad. I was at the students union years ago, and they
were giving out free spam with recipe booklet.

however, its bizarrely expensive for some mystery meat in a can. I can
buy real meat for less...

slightly ot