blueyonder SPAMS its customers (again)

Old January 31st 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Default blueyonder SPAMS its customers (again)

Gzl wrote:
blueyonder users have received SPAM in their email boxes from their own
ISP 'blueyonder'

Have they?

This happened before, and users asked to be removed from this SPAM list,

Did they?

they were reassured that if they choose to opt out, then their request
wud be honoured, ie: no SPAM from blueyonder, and third party agents
actin on blueyonders behalf.

This has proven to be not so...

Has it not?

Users have once again received SPAM.
This has bin met with angry complaints from their customers,

Has it?

Ironically, the SPAM managed to get through the Anti SPAM filtering
system blueyonder use, 'Spamhaus'

Did it?

This system is designed to block this
kind of SPAM from reachin their customers mailboxes in the first place,

Is it?

and when introduced was met with complaints that it was blockin wanted
'SPAM' such as Yahoogroups'

Was it?

It has bin suggested that this particular SPAM from blueyonder has bin
manually allowed to get through this Anti SPAM system 'Double Standards'

Has it?

Users have logged an official complaint to blueyonder.

Have they?

(I just hope it isn't met with last years reponse "click on the
un-subscribe link on the bottom of the email, and you will be removed
from the list)

Do you?

Who gives a ****?

You spout off with no proof or evidence of anything you suggest. I
think you're a troll, and not a very good one at that.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old January 31st 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Gzl wrote:
"The Caretaker" wrote in message

You spout off with no proof or evidence of anything you suggest. I
think you're a troll, and not a very good one at that.

I'm not in the habit of tellin lies.
That wud be wrong of me...
Have you seen any denial from AB in regards to my posts?

I wouldn't know who AB is, but you appear to be speaking **** and have
not shown any proof of what you say, why should anyone ('cept maybe
anally retentive ****s like me) respond to unproven and possibly
unfounded allegations from an apparently illiterate ****wit?

You ask too many questions, mate )

I'm not your mate.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old January 31st 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

The Caretaker wrote:

I wouldn't know who AB is

AB would be Alex Brown. He makes the tea in the Blueyonder office in
return for "favours".
Old January 31st 06, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jasper

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:58:16 GMT, The Caretaker
wrote:

Gzl wrote:
[...]

Thats a lot of rhetorical questioning !
Jasper
Old February 1st 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Gzl wrote:

What "favours"?

A pat on the back, of course. What were you thinking of?
Old February 1st 06, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

Gzl wrote:
"The Caretaker" wrote in message

I wouldn't know who AB is, but you appear to be speaking **** and
have not shown any proof of what you say, why should anyone ('cept
maybe anally retentive ****s like me) respond to unproven and
possibly unfounded allegations from an apparently illiterate ****wit?

I get your point.
Ok, here's what I have for you...

[Lots of so-called 'proof' snipped]

Alex Brown cannot be held responsible for every mistake that other depts.
make. Sounds like he was as upset as anyone else. Also, was he wrong about
the upgrades? Is it PAST "early 2006" yet? With it being only just February,
I don't think so!!

By the way, do tell us why you were banned from BY a few months ago. Did you
perhaps break the T&C of having an account with them? So, no 'agenda' in
your posts here then? Yeah right! :-/

--
Carl Waring
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

Old February 1st 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Carl Waring wrote:

By the way, do tell us why you were banned from BY a few months ago.

Oh, please don't prolong the agony... I need to switch PC to use a
newsreader which will easily allow me to kill any threads mentioning
Blueyonder, as regular diatribes rather bore me. They are tending to
attack the person now, rather than the service, and it's most likely
to simply get the object of such posts to not bother, which will be
a negative step for remaining customers - and I've not viewed even
a single post from someone at NTL, so future discussion might get
to be less than at present. Peter M.

Old February 1st 06, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Caretaker

Gzl wrote:
"The Caretaker" wrote in message

I wouldn't know who AB is, but you appear to be speaking **** and have
not shown any proof of what you say, why should anyone ('cept maybe
anally retentive ****s like me) respond to unproven and possibly
unfounded allegations from an apparently illiterate ****wit?

I get your point.
Ok, here's what I have for you...

AB (Alex Brown) blueyonder Product Manager, posted this in response to
the many complaints.

"Not ideal and something's clearly gone wrong.

I'm getting a meeting in the calendar with the team responsible (and
their boss) and asking them to review and come back with what
happened, how we're going to prevent a recurrence etc. Expecting that
meeting by the end of the week.

Which seems to be a very positive note and is at least giving you a clue
that they know they have problems and that someone is looking into it.

Which was met with these responses from angry customers complainin...
Errr, don't you say that every time it happens?

How often have they said it?

Secondly, this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. In
the
past we have been assured that steps have been taken to ensure no repeat
performance. Obviously, these "steps" were not enough, or were
incorrectly
implemented.

As happens in any large company which is reliant upon humans to do a lot
of the implementation.

Incidentally in the same thread, AB mentioned about the upgrade
schedule.

"Our timetable for uplifts has been to complete in early 2006 all
along."

Which is not true, as Birmingham was originally listed as completion for
Nov 2005.
Not early 2006 "all along" as AB is now statin.

So schedules slip, and it's not yet past 'early 2006'.

'Complete' sounds like all areas, not just where you live.

I don't see _any_ 'proof' of what your first post was ranting about.

--
The Caretaker .........
Old February 1st 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Brown

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:14:14 GMT, The Caretaker
wrote:

Gzl wrote:
"The Caretaker" wrote in message

I wouldn't know who AB is, but you appear to be speaking **** and have
not shown any proof of what you say, why should anyone ('cept maybe
anally retentive ****s like me) respond to unproven and possibly
unfounded allegations from an apparently illiterate ****wit?

I get your point.
Ok, here's what I have for you...

AB (Alex Brown) blueyonder Product Manager, posted this in response to
the many complaints.

"Not ideal and something's clearly gone wrong.

I'm getting a meeting in the calendar with the team responsible (and
their boss) and asking them to review and come back with what
happened, how we're going to prevent a recurrence etc. Expecting that
meeting by the end of the week.

Personally I always thought it was bad netiquette to re-post someone
else's statements from another forum without their prior permission.

Oh well, hope all's well Gonz.

Alex

--

Alex Brown
blueyonder Product Manager
Consumer Service Excellence, Telewest Broadband
Old February 1st 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Gzl" T o p @ S e c r e t . c o m wrote in message

That's cuz you're thick, innit.

Do you ever wonder why you're never taken seriously ?