Wanadoo caps, any chance of a change?

Old February 2nd 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Cummings

Default Wanadoo caps, any chance of a change?

I am 9 months into my 1 year contract with Wanadoo and find that
the 2 Gig limit is inadequate for my needs. The 6 Gig package is
probably just about right although there are times when I would like to
download more. There are many ISPs offering what appear to be far better
deals than those available at Wanadoo but I am reluctant to jump ship
when my year is up.
The reason for this reluctance is the appearance, in this forum
and others, of various horror stories regarding the service received by
some people at the hands of their providers. I have to say that the 1Mb
service from Wanadoo has been excellent from the start. I wonder if
there is any likelihood of more generous allowances in the near future?
Increased speed is not an option at the end of a rural 3.9 Km
line at present so talk of 8 or even 2 Mb is unlikely to have any
influence on what I eventually decide.

Chris Cummings
--
Chris Cummings
Old February 2nd 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"Chris Cummings" wrote in message
[...]

Get what you pay for:

Pay more money and sign up with www.zen.co.uk . You will experience NO CAPS
whatsoever.

You can use as much bandwidth as you like 10GB, 20GB, 50GB - they don't
care!

Also 1 month contract - so if you don't like the service, you're free to
leave with no fuss.

**SS**

Old February 2nd 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

In article , SecretSquiddle
writes

[...]

I'll put a word in for my ISP NDO/Namseco, they do 10GB/month download
product. Only d/ls are counted not u/ls. Also if you want more it is
charged at 1ukp/1GB.

http://www.ndo.com/home_broadband.html

Though if you wanted truly unlimited, Zen might be a better choice.
NDO has a soft limit of 60GB/month on the "unlimited package" that still
only counts downloads (and you can go over the limit for a while without
any problems) so it's pretty good.

--
Paul
Old February 2nd 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:56:04 UTC, "SecretSquiddle"
wrote:

Pay more money and sign up with www.zen.co.uk . You will experience NO CAPS
whatsoever.

You can use as much bandwidth as you like 10GB, 20GB, 50GB - they don't
care!

I doubt if they offer bandwidth of more than 8Mb/s.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old February 2nd 06, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

wrote:

Pay more money and sign up with www.zen.co.uk . You will experience NO
CAPS
whatsoever.

You can use as much bandwidth as you like 10GB, 20GB, 50GB - they don't
care!

I doubt if they offer bandwidth of more than 8Mb/s.

Not yet - they don't. Unless you live in Rochdale (their Home Town).

**SS**

Old February 2nd 06, 04:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

SecretSquiddle wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:56:04 UTC, "SecretSquiddle"
You can use as much bandwidth as you like 10GB, 20GB, 50GB - they don't
care!

I doubt if they offer bandwidth of more than 8Mb/s.

Not yet - they don't. Unless you live in Rochdale (their Home Town).

What Bob was pointing out was that you'd written 'bandwidth' when you
surely meant 'traffic' of 10/20/50 GB because that's a measure of the
data which has been transferred...

Old February 2nd 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

[...]
:
: Chris Cummings
: --
: Chris Cummings

I'm personal with plusnet and found then to be great, have been with freeuk
,tiscali ,freeserver and ntl with problem's but with plusnet none!

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old February 2nd 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Joker7 wrote:
"Chris Cummings" wrote in message

: I am 9 months into my 1 year contract with Wanadoo and find that
: the 2 Gig limit is inadequate for my needs. The 6 Gig package is

I'm personal with plusnet and found then to be great, have been with freeuk
,tiscali ,freeserver and ntl with problem's but with plusnet none!

Chris - that is a great copy of what you posted 2006-02-01 14:39 on the
"Anyone recommend a 2mb provider?" thread. Of course, if Chris Cummings
did click your link (to get the Plus.Net web site) by the time that his
3 months are up, the cookie would have expired and you wouldn't get any
reduction in your monthly payments... Plus.Net might (for some types of
use) be "cheap as chips" but the way traffic shaping is implemented can
cause lots of people very slow service and you ought to point that out,
as there will be few statements by Plus.Net about how slow things run!

Old February 2nd 06, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Peter M" wrote in message
: Joker7 wrote:
[...]

I have never been effected by the traffic shaping and down load from usernet
,
LimeWire and run a web server.I feel most of the moans are from user that
are using a 14 service and you wonder what some want for 14.I remember
backing the day when I was paying more just to connect and connection time
on top.

So I can only go by my own experience with them for the last 6 month on
premier.

As for the cookie I hope most people as I do remove the bloody spy at brower
close down!

Cheers
Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old February 3rd 06, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"Peter M" wrote in message
SecretSquiddle wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:56:04 UTC, "SecretSquiddle"
You can use as much bandwidth as you like 10GB, 20GB, 50GB - they don't
care!

I doubt if they offer bandwidth of more than 8Mb/s.

Not yet - they don't. Unless you live in Rochdale (their Home Town).

What Bob was pointing out was that you'd written 'bandwidth' when you
surely meant 'traffic' of 10/20/50 GB because that's a measure of the
data which has been transferred...

OIC ! LOL.

Yes I used the wrong term. 50GB bandwidth would be great. Maybe in 2030?

**SS**