New Services from Pipex

Old February 5th 06, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

Default New Services from Pipex

Hi,

I've just noticed that Pipex have 3 newly named services (I may be behind
the times here)

http://www.solo.pipex.net/
Pipex Start - capped service- 14.99
Pipex Go - 2MB uncapped - 23.99
Pipex Max - 8MB uncapped - 33.99

So as I have been with pipex for over 3 years and am/was on the 1MB 23.99
service I would have thouight I should now get 2MB. Do you? (My router says
it connects at 2MB, although I only get 1MB)

I'd appreciate to hear about anyones experience with their Pipex connection
speed recently.

Thanks

zeebop
Old February 6th 06, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

zeebop wrote:
Hi,

I've just noticed that Pipex have 3 newly named services (I may be
behind the times here)

http://www.solo.pipex.net/
Pipex Start - capped service- 14.99
Pipex Go - 2MB uncapped - 23.99
Pipex Max - 8MB uncapped - 33.99

So as I have been with pipex for over 3 years and am/was on the 1MB
23.99 service I would have thouight I should now get 2MB. Do you?
(My router says it connects at 2MB, although I only get 1MB)

I'd appreciate to hear about anyones experience with their Pipex
connection speed recently.

Thanks

zeebop

My experience was that I could not get the automatic upgrade from 512k to
1Gb (free) as my line "does not support the required speed" and was told
that as the problem lies with the line, no other provider would be able to
do so either. This in spite of living within 800 metres of the excahnge in
Surrey! Was given a price discount but am now waiting an update on the
position as I know of at least one other (Tiscali) user in the same line who
is sitting pretty on a 2Mb connection.

Old February 6th 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 22:53:02 +0000, zeebop wrote:

Hi,

I've just noticed that Pipex have 3 newly named services (I may be behind
the times here)

http://www.solo.pipex.net/
Pipex Start - capped service- 14.99
Pipex Go - 2MB uncapped - 23.99
Pipex Max - 8MB uncapped - 33.99

So as I have been with pipex for over 3 years and am/was on the 1MB 23.99
service I would have thouight I should now get 2MB. Do you? (My router says
it connects at 2MB, although I only get 1MB)

I'd appreciate to hear about anyones experience with their Pipex connection
speed recently.

Thanks

zeebop

I was on the Solo 2000 (2Mb) package at 33.99 a month which was ok as
the company paid the bill. When I saw the new packages at the weekend
I rang up and a very nice guy asked if I'd like to go on a 2Mb package
with 50Gb download per month (he said my average was about 2Gb) for
21.99. I bit his hand off..... especially as I'm no longer
working for the company.

When we get 8Mb in our area I might upgrade again.

Old February 8th 06, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
zeebop

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:10:24 +0000, Filthy Rich wrote:

[...]

Is there a regrade fee?
Bugs me that new customers are offered one service and old customers
another.
Old February 9th 06, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 23:13:44 +0000, zeebop wrote:

[...]

No upgrade or regrade fee but what annoyed me was that they didn't
email or contact me to say there was a better deal to be had.

If I hadn't noticed the new packages on their website, I reckon I'd
have been paying 33.99 for ever more.

This seems to be typical as I saw a customer of mine who was still
paying 17.99 a month to AOL for 512Mb ! I showed him how to upgrade
(20 fee) to 2Mb for no extra monthly payment and he was well pleased.

Old February 10th 06, 06:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

I phoned PIPEX to upgrade to GO, but they said I'd have to do via My PIPEX.

But unfortunately, the changed package sections is unavailable at the
moment.