BT mulling bid for Pipex

Old February 6th 06, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default BT mulling bid for Pipex

LONDON (Reuters) - Former telecoms monopoly BT Group is mulling a 350
million-pound bid for telecoms network operator Pipex Communications.

Full article:
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...6+RTRS&srch=bt

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

Old February 6th 06, 07:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
miav

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
LONDON (Reuters) - Former telecoms monopoly BT Group is mulling a 350
million-pound bid for telecoms network operator Pipex Communications.

Full article:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...6+RTRS&srch=bt

I'm so glad imp moving from Pipex... if BT get hold of them I think service
will go down hill very fast...

Old February 6th 06, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flunkett Clogwheel

"miav" wrote in message
"I'm so glad imp moving from Pipex... if BT get hold of them I think service
will go down hill very fast..."

If you are moving from them you must not be happy in the first place,
muppet.

Pipex sucks. 'No commitement or 12 month contract' was sold to me, but to
cancel and go elsewhere means I have to pay a 50 if it's in the first year.
Now that sounds like a commitment to me.... . ******s. No free usenet, no
webspace, one email address. It's like paying top money for crap, so I see
there is little that BT can do to shag it further......

I'd love an ISP with reliabilty like demon, facilities and support like
plusnet and uncapped. I dream.....

Old February 6th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Flunkett Clogwheel wrote:

Pipex sucks. 'No commitement or 12 month contract' was sold to me, but to
cancel and go elsewhere means I have to pay 50 if it's in the first year.

Not unusual. You know as well as most anyone reading that there's a fee
for activating the line. Only Virgin had no fee, and no 'exit penalty',
and even they had to change their terms and conditions. Did you really
expect Pipex to pay BT for activating the line and then not charge you
for leaving before the first year was up ? If so, you must have signed
up without reading the "small print" and if it seems to good to be true
then it usually is...

Old February 6th 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WCZ

"Flunkett Clogwheel" wrote in message
. ..

"miav" wrote in message
"I'm so glad imp moving from Pipex... if BT get hold of them I think
service
will go down hill very fast..."

If you are moving from them you must not be happy in the first place,
muppet.

Pipex sucks. 'No commitement or 12 month contract' was sold to me, but to
cancel and go elsewhere means I have to pay a 50 if it's in the first
year. Now that sounds like a commitment to me.... . ******s. No free
usenet, no webspace, one email address. It's like paying top money for
crap, so I see there is little that BT can do to shag it further......

I'm with PIPEX and I get free usenet, webspace and 10 email addresses.

Old February 6th 06, 05:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

guv wrote:
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:28:45 +0000, Peter M
wrote:

Flunkett Clogwheel wrote:

Pipex sucks. 'No commitement or 12 month contract' was sold to me, but to
cancel and go elsewhere means I have to pay 50 if it's in the first year.

Not unusual. You know as well as most anyone reading that there's a fee
for activating the line. Only Virgin had no fee, and no 'exit penalty',
and even they had to change their terms and conditions. Did you really
expect Pipex to pay BT for activating the line and then not charge you
for leaving before the first year was up ? If so, you must have signed
up without reading the "small print" and if it seems to good to be true
then it usually is...

Hang on. If they provided me with the service I signed up to, I
wouldnt be thinking about leaving. I never even signed up to Pipex in
the first place, Pipex bought my ISP. And since that time my 8MB
connection has at best behaved like a 1MB line and dwindled down to
256K levels.

Well, it looks like you are in somewhat different a situation rather
than being sold " 'No commitement or 12 month contract' " which was
what I commented on... At least (for once) the takeover of Metronet
by Plus.Net seems likely not to leave those customers "locked in" on
along-term basis. I don't have the e-mail to quote from but AFAICR,
when the new T+C come into place, Metronet customers who don't think
they like the Plus.Net changes will be able to get a MAC... but that
is perhaps a minor thing, because the minimum contract with Metronet
went down from 3 months to 1 month last summer. I guess many can be
wishing they were in monthly contracts, and a switch to 8000 kbps is
not always going to be as smooth (if you are then locking into quite
a long term committment) with LLU. Peter M.

Old February 6th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"WCZ" wrote in message
" I'm with PIPEX and I get free usenet, webspace and 10 email addresses."

The newer accounts seem to charge for usenet on top of the 22 a month or
what it is. I nearly got suckered in on that and the 'no commitment'. In
fact I emailed them and asked them how I would cancel it if I was not happy
and they told me to just let them know. It took them a week to reply and
then a further week to answer if it would cost to leave and they begrudginly
addmitted it would.

AFASK BT wholesale have stopped the 'connection fee' and just charge a
monthly flat rate now, but I may have duff info.

Old February 6th 06, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Sucuba Dude wrote:

AFASK BT wholesale have stopped the 'connection fee'

40 +VAT (since September 2005, 50 +VAT before that)

11 +VAT for a migration (AFAIK)

Peter M.

Old February 7th 06, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

I'd love an ISP with reliabilty like demon, facilities and support like
plusnet and uncapped. I dream.....

Karma try zen

Old February 7th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sucuba Dude

"It's Me" wrote in message

I'd love an ISP with reliabilty like demon, facilities and support like
plusnet and uncapped. I dream.....

Karma try zen

Is there ticket system and support as god as force 9/PN??? and do they offer
static IP in the price?