What download speed?

Old February 6th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Briscoe

Default What download speed?

After some time kibitzing here, I decided to subscribe to ZenADSL Home
250. That gives me a 256Kbps download service with a 50:1 Contention
Ratio. I find I can usually run a 128K audio radio stream. (Not bad
given I might have as little as 5.12K.

In Windows XP, how do I dynamically view download speed and "distance"?

Can somebody point me to a services against speed table?
(I find I can't run a video stream. That seems to need at least 512K.)
--
Walter Briscoe