broadband for a month or two

Old February 7th 06, 12:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
¬Stephen Hammond

Default broadband for a month or two

Is it possible ?

Old February 7th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

"?Stephen Hammond" wrote:
: Is it possible ?

Yes - but it will cost you!!

As BT charge the ISPs a sum (£50 +VAT) to enable your line for ADSL those
ISPs with "monthly contracts" will either want this paid up-front or when you
cancel.
Old February 7th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
Is it possible ?

prob, but also prob not worth the cost, nor waiting for them to install it
if you want broadband for 2 months or less i wouldn't bother

Old February 8th 06, 11:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick B.

Geoff wrote:
"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
Is it possible ?

prob, but also prob not worth the cost, nor waiting for them to install it
if you want broadband for 2 months or less i wouldn't bother

Yes it can be done and fairy quickly if it doesn't require BT to visit.
Have a look at Andrews & Arnold http://www.aaisp.net.uk/ - connection
£40 pus vat, free router and only 30 days notice required.
I've just connected to their ADSL service for a VPN project at work and
so far very impressed with the standard of service.
Old February 9th 06, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Nick B. wrote:

Yes it can be done and fairy quickly if it doesn't require BT to visit.
Have a look at Andrews & Arnold http://www.aaisp.net.uk/ - connection
£40 pus vat, free router and only 30 days notice required.
I've just connected to their ADSL service for a VPN project at work and
so far very impressed with the standard of service.

I know various ISPs offer a free router, but this one is actually a loan
router and must be paid for or returned if one leaves the service.

Other ISPs are available at similar (27/month) price without a 3 GB /
month "daytime" "limit" (I'm looking at the AAISP site - "Home-Fast"
account http://www.aaisp.net.uk/aa/adsl/h3.html ) Their accounts
are probably ideal for people running an internet audio streaming
service, like a radio station (feeding a remote server to handle a
larger number of listeners than one ADSL connection would cope with)
but it may really depend on what the OP was planning to use the link
for... for high daytime downloading, AAISP may not be ideal. Peter M

(NB AAISP's cheaper "Home-Light" account needs 6 months paid up front)