Linksys

Old February 8th 06, 12:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Default Linksys

I have had a linksys asdl router for the last year and continually lost my
connection to it both wireless and ethernet about every hour, that was with
firmware updates. So last week i decided to give up with it called
BTbroadband up my ISP and bought one of their Voyager routers what a
difference instant setup and it has been on ever since, that will be four
days still finding my way round the router itself but certainly very good
Just need to try out the wireless aspect of it next. well done BT

Old February 8th 06, 01:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jae

"Martin" wrote in message
I have had a linksys asdl router for the last year and continually lost my
connection to it both wireless and ethernet about every hour, that was with
firmware updates. So last week i decided to give up with it called
BTbroadband up my ISP and bought one of their Voyager routers what a
difference instant setup and it has been on ever since, that will be four
days still finding my way round the router itself but certainly very good
Just need to try out the wireless aspect of it next. well done BT

Should have saved your money and put more effort into learning how to
configure your linksys. You will find that the new one will also keep
disconnecting you, it's down to a poor signal, number of retries and nearby
equipment.
If they work, don't bugger the things up by incorrectly loading updates!

Old February 8th 06, 05:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Martin:
I have had a linksys asdl router for the last year and continually
lost my connection to it both wireless and ethernet about every hour,
that was with firmware updates. So last week i decided to give up
with it called BTbroadband up my ISP and bought one of their Voyager
routers what a difference instant setup and it has been on ever
since, that will be four days still finding my way round the router
itself but certainly very good Just need to try out the wireless
aspect of it next. well done BT

Not had any problems with my LinkSys router, nor the ones I have installed for
others.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

Old February 8th 06, 06:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Martin:
I have had a linksys asdl router for the last year and continually
lost my connection to it both wireless and ethernet about every
hour,
that was with firmware updates. So last week i decided to give up
with it called BTbroadband up my ISP and bought one of their
Voyager
routers what a difference instant setup and it has been on ever
since, that will be four days still finding my way round the router
itself but certainly very good Just need to try out the wireless
aspect of it next. well done BT

Not had any problems with my LinkSys router, nor the ones I have
installed for others.

Sorry to say but I did, mine was rebooting every 90 minutes whilst I
was file sharing. I couldn't see what the problem was so I exchanged
it for a 604T which locked up every 48 hours & the story goes on from
there...

Old February 8th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Kraftee:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Martin:
[...]

My cousin went the Belkin route and his locks up every few minutes when using
P2P.

Old February 11th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

I was having problems with my Linksys even when using Ethernet cables and
not going wireless
Maybe I was just unlucky and got a "bad" one I only tried to change the
firmware out of desperation.By the way the BT voyager has been conected to
the internet for 1 week now and is still going strong
"Kraftee" wrote in message

Thus spaketh Martin: