A backup usb modem

Old February 8th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Cue

Default A backup usb modem

Yes I know usb adsl isnt the best way to do it - but apart from when
tiscali itself isnt working too well it all works fine and does
everything I want it to do .

Got to thinking if my usb modem ever packed up i'd have to mess around
with a dialup modem until I got a new usb modem .

Any recommendations for a good backup usb modem that I could buy now at
reasonable cost ? .

You could buy a Wanadoo starter pack for 14.99 or Bulldog connection pack
for 19.00 from Woolworths, but I'm unsure if the modems will be locked to
the respective service , is that possible anyone?

Regards,
Tony.